Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Shoot just realized who you were! Man our project can't compare to the work you've done for your RS220 project. I'd like to check that out one day.

Update:
Purchased wheel adapters that convert the bolt pattern from 4x130 to 4x100. Wheels we have chosen to go with are a genuine set of 16x7 Volk Te37 in Bronze. Purchased 4 new rotors for all 4 corners. Gonna build a GT engine lid:
haha nah i think what your doing is smart and what im doing is retarded..you get to enjoy yours when ever you want, and mine is when ive got time and money i can drive it..
as for the spacers theres a custom spacer comapny next to irwindale speed way makes anything you want at good prices..they do alot of low rider stuff

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
haha nah i think what your doing is smart and what im doing is retarded..you get to enjoy yours when ever you want, and mine is when ive got time and money i can drive it..
as for the spacers theres a custom spacer comapny next to irwindale speed way makes anything you want at good prices..they do alot of low rider stuff
But we're marbles to your boulders of power your cars gonna churn out! LOL! One of these days after we get the car running we'll eventually go big boy power and step up to an EJ20T or EJ25T :bigSmile: And then our power to weight ratio would really rock! We hope to drop our car down to sub-2k lb range. Minus driver and fully filled with fluids.

Oh we already go the spacer adaptors, i think we paid around $40/each corner.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Now on TE37 16x7 +40 offset

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lowered the front end and here's how it sits:

Also made our replica GT engine lid:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just found this. My brother-in-law had an orange 914 till last Spring. It was in incredible shape and if I didn't have too many cars already I would have picked it up. Very clean and very fun to drive. It's only fault was it needed more power, which it appears you guys managed to solve.

Since I don't know jack about Subaru engine codes, did you get a 4 or 6 cyl? I know plenty of people swapping the 3.0 H6's into Syncro Vanagons so as soon as I saw the thread title I assumed the same. I can't see most of your photos since I'm at work and many photo sites are blocked, hence the possibly "dumb" questions.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder. I think it would be pretty sweet to see an ej25, or an ej22g would be amazing. Either way, post more pictures!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The front bumper, cut an opening for the radiator.

Radiator setup: JVR dual core aluminum miata radiator

Coolant lines running underneath the car:

Bought a battery from Autozone, welded a battery tray from angle stock, painted it red, and bolted it to the trunk floor. And retro-fitted trunk struts off a Lexus ES250 for our trunk.

Rebuilt the pedal cluster:

Also rebuilt all 4 calipers and painted them gold'ish bronze:

Installed the intake:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The engine is now wired up with a Megasquirt 2.0

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Remaining things to do:

-have a shop make our header and exhaust
-complete the wiring
-reinstall interior,
-install front windshield
-paint exterior with rustoleum red
-install the rear CVs
-paint bumpers and install
-install rocker panels
-install door and trunk locks
-fill cooling system with 2 gallons of coolant

i'm probably missing some small things but that's about it and we could fire it up.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
had the exhaust done a few months ago:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
heres our CSOB rustoleum red paint job:

paints uncut, needs to be wetsanded and buffed out.

then picked up a LE fiberglass lip with a chunk missing, so did a repair with short strand fiberglass. i added a layer of fiberglass to the front, but dont have a picture of the finished product yet. im still sanding it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts