Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to drift event with my IS this last weekend 10/19/03 with AARRF up here in (soon to be very very cold) Minnesota. They made a video of it, so I figured I would put the link up in here for everyone to take a look at. The car pushes very hard in the corners, and is not too easy to kick out as I thought it would be. But, this is my first time ever doing anything like this, so lack of experience had a lot to do with it. My actual drifting is not much to see I will admit, but when it gets to the end of my run, I get into some pretty serious donuts!! My part in the video is at about 4:45sec into it, so enjoy, cause I know I sure as hell did! :D

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no adjustment

blueIS said:
i've never seen an IS understeer like that...
whats did you do to your suspension? alignment settings?
No adjustments were made to the alignment or to the suspension, it's all bone stock. I played around with the tire pressures a bit (lower psi in the front and higher in the rear) to make the front grip more and the rear a bit harder to slide some more. The second run I had I almost had some good ones going where the car was actually drifiting, but the back end would come completely out on me towards the end of the turn. Practice makes perfect I guess, oh well, maybe next time will be better?

· Registered
5,041 Posts
damn your under steering like a mofo

· Registered
5,041 Posts
Re: Went drift racing with my IS *with video link*

s0yb0mb said:
IS4U2NV said:
I went drift racing with my IS this last weekend

uhm, no you didn't. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
7,617 Posts
Haaahaaaa I didnt see that IS300 counter steer not even once to control the direction of a drift. Not once not ever.

Dude, whoever you are, you just did donuts in a empty parking lot like a 16yo car thief from that movie New Jersey Drive :lol:

Dont post stuff that again man :shame:

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stfu

s0yb0mb said:
Sentinel said:
BigDaddyRich said:
^^Do ANY of you People actually READ any posts???^^

As it is CLEARLY stated in the very first post i.e. "this is my first time doing this", "lack of experience", "my drifting ain't much to look at, but the donuts at the end were fun as hell' etc. etc. You probably would have understood why I didn't put up a post that was something along the lines of " Bad ass drifting in an IS, check it out! "

I would just hope that because you are able to talk so much sh*t, that if you showed up to one of these events, you would be able to drift your car around the entire course and just impress the hell out of me. Due to the massive amounts of post counts that you have, it almost seems like you spend a lot more time online trying to talk yourself up, than actually in your car driving and improving your skills. So basically, unless you can actually back up WTF you are saying, then I would suggest you go buy yourself a muzzle, and put a diaper in it, strap it around your head, and that should help to prevent you from talking so much sh*t. But, it's like they say:

· Registered
1,232 Posts
i know u did that for the first time

but like i said, dont do it again...
you will regret it once something breaks... :eek:

· Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Re: stfu

IS4U2NV said:
s0yb0mb said:
Sentinel said:
BigDaddyRich said:
^^Do ANY of you People actually READ any posts???^^

As it is CLEARLY stated in the very first post i.e. "this is my first time doing this", "lack of experience", "my drifting ain't much to look at, but the donuts at the end were fun as hell' etc. etc. You probably would have understood why I didn't put up a post that was something along the lines of " Bad ass drifting in an IS, check it out! "

I would just hope that because you are able to talk so much sh*t, that if you showed up to one of these events, you would be able to drift your car around the entire course and just impress the hell out of me. Due to the massive amounts of post counts that you have, it almost seems like you spend a lot more time online trying to talk yourself up, than actually in your car driving and improving your skills. So basically, unless you can actually back up WTF you are saying, then I would suggest you go buy yourself a muzzle, and put a diaper in it, strap it around your head, and that should help to prevent you from talking so much sh*t. But, it's like they say:

uh...who were u racing against?...i don't see anything here that's like D1 w/ ur car bro... :-?

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my friend warranty

AltezzaBoy03 said:

I know, I know, but to be honest with you, I could care less if something breaks. There is always warranty, plus, I am getting rid of this car anyway. I hate to admit it, but I am doing what most former IS300 drivers end up doing in the long run. Which is: switch to an M3. I was just messing around and having fun, afterall, what the hell is the point of buying something if you don't actually use it?

· Registered
18,849 Posts
Re: my friend warranty

IS4U2NV said:
AltezzaBoy03 said:

I know, I know, but to be honest with you, I could care less if something breaks. There is always warranty, plus, I am getting rid of this car anyway. I hate to admit it, but I am doing what most former IS300 drivers end up doing in the long run. Which is: switch to an M3. I was just messing around and having fun, afterall, what the hell is the point of buying something if you don't actually use it?
damn dude..interesting video...every other car DRIFTED but you..guess you didnt really know how to do it huh?

M3??

slap a S/C or Turbo like most those other cars from your video.....

u could out run/ out perform an M3 with suspension and performance mods on the IS...which is an outstanding autocrossing vehicle....

8)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.