1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheels are SSR SP1 Professors

19 x 8 +49 offset (using a 5mm spacer to clear supra bbk) = +44 offset

19 x 9.5 +55 offset

what is the widest i can go without rubbing issues? for the front, i dont want to run into hard rubbing while making turns or accelerating out of turns..

for the rear.. i have shaved off the fender lip... and i dont mind pulling the rear fender to accommodate a wider tire...

im thinking 225/35 or 235/35 for the front

and

265/30 or 275/30 for the rear.... lmk what you think will work.. thanks

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
19 x 9.5 +55 offset

what is the widest i can go without rubbing issues? for the front, i dont want to run into hard rubbing while making turns or accelerating out of turns..

for the rear.. i have shaved off the fender lip... and i dont mind pulling the rear fender to accommodate a wider tire...

and

can't help you on the rears...
but for the fronts i run 225/35 on my 19x8 +42 (5mm spacer to clean LS Brakes) and it all depends on the tire. when i used to run falken azenis st-115 (which are discontinued) no rub and now i run a michelin pilot sport ps2 and they rub on occassion.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input guys.... i will run the 225/35 in the front..

but for the rear... doesn't a 265/30 fit on a +55 offset w/o fender mods? if that is the case, and i have shaved my inner fender lip off, then shouldn't i be able to fit a 275/30 pretty easily?

·
Registered
66 Posts

19 x 9.5 +55 offset

and

Hey Dan I suggest running a 235/35 for the front and 275/30 that should work well. But with what I experience on full lock you will RUB very minor, but it really depends on what brand tire your running as well, I was running the KDW's.

Right now i'm running 18's with 245's in the front and 275's in the rear and it works well.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ how low are you? i plan on going as low as possible w/o running into major scrubbing issues.... thats my main concern... i don't want to have to lay off of the it due to the annoying.... scrubbing that happens..

my buddy put 20's on his GS and it looks great and all, but he can't take a turn and accelerate at the same time... thats a big no no for my application...

·
Registered
66 Posts
^^ how low are you? i plan on going as low as possible w/o running into major scrubbing issues.... thats my main concern... i don't want to have to lay off of the it due to the annoying.... scrubbing that happens..

my buddy put 20's on his GS and it looks great and all, but he can't take a turn and accelerate at the same time... thats a big no no for my application...
I am lowered on H&R springs with some Koni shocks so that makes it at least 2 inches give or take a little. I will get a heatgun and heat the the plastic fender on the front wheel and push it in so that will solve my minor rubbing issue. But hey if you ain't rubbing then your not low enough that's somewhat my motto. :)

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I got the same rims and offset as you. I am running 235/35 front and 265/30 rear. No rubbing issue on fenders at all. In the front, it will rub in the inner well when turn, but thats it. If you remove the inner well, you shouldn't get any rub at all. I'm drop on Eibach and factory shocks(front) and koni yellow(rear). oh yeah, I'm not using any spacers for the front.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
225/35 and 265/30 are what I recommend, and that is still pretty aggressive esp. if you are lowered. I assumed this was a 300.

thanks for your response.. i will most likely go with this set up since i don't want to rub. i drive my car aggressively and i don't want to deal with annoying sounds..

my only worry is if 265 will be wide enough to support 500+ rwhp daily...

Reactions: LexDymndz

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a set of dr's but i get lazy and don't like switching back and forth.. i hope they come out with some 19" drag radials REALLY SOON!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i have a set of dr's but i get lazy and don't like switching back and forth.. i hope they come out with some 19" drag radials REALLY SOON!
nitto just came out with 20" DR kinda dumb they skipped right past 19"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts