Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D YESS!!! I finally got them (19x8 all around).... I'm just waiting to get some tires.. which I will get this weekend. I haven't had time because of work... :-?

I'll post again when it's on my car... :chill:

·
Registered
248 Posts
nice choice.... :D :D :D :D

those are the wheels I have, but in 18s.... and i got it staggard, 18x7 front and 18x8 rear

i'm sending them out in a month to get them widened..... so i'll be running 18x9.5 in rear with 255/35/18 tire ;)

but yea i've driven on these wheels for a couple of months now, not one bend .... very strong wheels ;)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
KryptoniK said:
i'm sending them out in a month to get them widened..... so i'll be running 18x9.5 in rear with 255/35/18 tire ;)
:eek: I havent heard of anyone doing this yet. Actually, I didnt even know people did this. But it makes sense... you have the main part of the wheel, just have them throw on a wider bell... or maybe thats not even how it works. Let us know the process once you get it done. btw, who's doing this for you?

·
Registered
248 Posts
mr who said:
KryptoniK said:
:eek: I havent heard of anyone doing this yet. Actually, I didnt even know people did this. But it makes sense... you have the main part of the wheel, just have them throw on a wider bell... or maybe thats not even how it works. Let us know the process once you get it done. btw, who's doing this for you?

yea i didnt know it was possible until my bro (w/ 95' Supra Turbo) did it to his stock rear wheels..... he now runs a 17x11.5 in the rear with a 315 tire!!! it looks monsterous..... i'm not sure who does it, i have to ask my bro and i'll post..... he had to ship his wheels out to them

what they basically do is cut the wheel in half, insert a spacer ring and weld it.... and thats it.... the welding job they did looked really professional, nice clean weld line....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price

I went through 2 hookups to get these rims at a considerably lower price than usual... sorry, I won't be able to get this price again... I got the rims (19x8) for $1650 out the door.

This weekend i'm going to slap on some Yokohama Parada Spec2 225/35/19 at a shop nearby at $200 each. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Re: Price

Lucky bastard!! .... 8)

jukisketch said:
I went through 2 hookups to get these rims at a considerably lower price than usual... sorry, I won't be able to get this price again... I got the rims (19x8) for $1650 out the door.

This weekend i'm going to slap on some Yokohama Parada Spec2 225/35/19 at a shop nearby at $200 each. Can't wait!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
arrgh!

Ro_Ja gave me a slightly different offset in the back.. I'm thinking +37. It has a slightly bigger lip in the back. And it BARELY fits... i felt it rubbing on U Turns. I might have to roll the fenders a little. The front is just right at +45. Other than that.... It's riding smooooth

I will probably have pics on Tuesday as I am going to Vegas tomorrow... and I'll need to take pics once I get a carwash (Haven't had time lately because of rain and ash)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks!

thanks for the comments everyone!

yeah I'm looking for a nice body kit to go with my car. I want something suttle... nothing too drastic. You know, nice and clean lines. There's so many kits out there that I have not even begin my research on what to get.

·
Registered
855 Posts
wow those are nice. Im thinking about gettin RO-JA formula 1. I had question, What size rims 19x??? and what are the size of the tires? What coilover setup and do you rub at all being that low. Thanks and the car looks perfect. I love it.

Najib

www.roninonline.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts