Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D YESS!!! I finally got them (19x8 all around).... I'm just waiting to get some tires.. which I will get this weekend. I haven't had time because of work... :-?

I'll post again when it's on my car... :chill:

·
Registered
248 Posts
nice choice.... :D :D :D :D

those are the wheels I have, but in 18s.... and i got it staggard, 18x7 front and 18x8 rear

i'm sending them out in a month to get them widened..... so i'll be running 18x9.5 in rear with 255/35/18 tire ;)

but yea i've driven on these wheels for a couple of months now, not one bend .... very strong wheels ;)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
KryptoniK said:
i'm sending them out in a month to get them widened..... so i'll be running 18x9.5 in rear with 255/35/18 tire ;)
:eek: I havent heard of anyone doing this yet. Actually, I didnt even know people did this. But it makes sense... you have the main part of the wheel, just have them throw on a wider bell... or maybe thats not even how it works. Let us know the process once you get it done. btw, who's doing this for you?

·
Registered
248 Posts
mr who said:
KryptoniK said:
:eek: I havent heard of anyone doing this yet. Actually, I didnt even know people did this. But it makes sense... you have the main part of the wheel, just have them throw on a wider bell... or maybe thats not even how it works. Let us know the process once you get it done. btw, who's doing this for you?

yea i didnt know it was possible until my bro (w/ 95' Supra Turbo) did it to his stock rear wheels..... he now runs a 17x11.5 in the rear with a 315 tire!!! it looks monsterous..... i'm not sure who does it, i have to ask my bro and i'll post..... he had to ship his wheels out to them

what they basically do is cut the wheel in half, insert a spacer ring and weld it.... and thats it.... the welding job they did looked really professional, nice clean weld line....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price

I went through 2 hookups to get these rims at a considerably lower price than usual... sorry, I won't be able to get this price again... I got the rims (19x8) for $1650 out the door.

This weekend i'm going to slap on some Yokohama Parada Spec2 225/35/19 at a shop nearby at $200 each. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Re: Price

Lucky bastard!! .... 8)

jukisketch said:
I went through 2 hookups to get these rims at a considerably lower price than usual... sorry, I won't be able to get this price again... I got the rims (19x8) for $1650 out the door.

This weekend i'm going to slap on some Yokohama Parada Spec2 225/35/19 at a shop nearby at $200 each. Can't wait!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
arrgh!

Ro_Ja gave me a slightly different offset in the back.. I'm thinking +37. It has a slightly bigger lip in the back. And it BARELY fits... i felt it rubbing on U Turns. I might have to roll the fenders a little. The front is just right at +45. Other than that.... It's riding smooooth

I will probably have pics on Tuesday as I am going to Vegas tomorrow... and I'll need to take pics once I get a carwash (Haven't had time lately because of rain and ash)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks!

thanks for the comments everyone!

yeah I'm looking for a nice body kit to go with my car. I want something suttle... nothing too drastic. You know, nice and clean lines. There's so many kits out there that I have not even begin my research on what to get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.