Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to get rid of my LE37t 18s and get the new VOLK GT AV 18 in the front and 19 in the rear.
Now to my question:
-Anyone running 19x9.5 with low offset to have huge lip on those volks?
-If so, do they rub? I will have coilovers yet I dont want my rear to be super high off the ground.
-What size tires are you guys using for the rear? Right now I use 265 35 18 and they work fine with out rubbing, but when it comes to 19s, will they rub?
Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
you cant use an aggresive offset with a 9.5 inch rim on this car unless you pull the quarter panel considerably or do some flares and cut away the existing quarter panel underneath..

with a 9.5 inch rim you will need a 55 offset to get it to work and shave the quarter panel.. a 265 tire will work just fine.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if I dont want to shave the fender and add flares? I mean with the camber I have, I dont think it will rub much? I dont know anything about offset and stuff. wats the second best? just do 18x9.5? will that fit fine?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
honestly dude, 18 or 19 its almost the same you arent changing the overall diameter that much.

shaving your fender is the best idea and doesnt take long to do. I can do 2 quarter panels in roughly 45 mintues..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm not running on volks, but I do have a 19 x 9.5 rear. I ran a 245 tire with a +55 offset with 2.5 inch lip. I have no issues with rubbing in the back and just like you I have coils. Although, 265 for sure will need a shaved fender. If you have the patience, unlike me, it is possible like malek said and will look real good. If you want flares you could get a wider rim and get a bigger lip... that would be nice. But anything's possible.... just do your research and it will look real good.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but the whole point is to have a fat lip with maybe +24 offset 9.5 wide with 19 inch, and 265 35? wont work? i mean I can sacrifice the height in the rear, I can raise up a bit and maybe have 1.5 finger gap. What can i do to have fat lip and without stretchin my rear fenders?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
+24 offset will def not work!! I put a set of my friends rims on with a +32 offset and it looked horible, those things stuck out like a lowrider. If you wanna run a 9.5 in the back you'll need a high offset, +52 or so at least!!!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
illegalkigga said:
but the whole point is to have a fat lip with maybe +24 offset 9.5 wide with 19 inch, and 265 35? wont work? i mean I can sacrifice the height in the rear, I can raise up a bit and maybe have 1.5 finger gap. What can i do to have fat lip and without stretchin my rear fenders?

265-35 is too tall of a sidewall...without crucial fender mods

im on a 265-30......shaving was required to drive the damn thing

if you really want your car too look cool....you gotta shave the fender and tuck the rear with those coilovers....(refer to mr.singh for example)......LOL

and to me, for some unknown reason...lips look bigger with smaller sidewalls and lower drop....so you could do that with the #coilover set-up#

1 - 8 of 8 Posts