1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm in the process of purchasing some rims. Here is the specs

18x8
+38 offset.

I'm pretty set on this rim size, but what I am having a problem with is choosing the size of the tire I want. I narrowed it down to two choices. 225/40/18 or 215/40/18.

Right now I am running TEIN Flex Coilovers (height & dampening adjustable). What I plan after I get the rims is lower the car enough so that I am tucking about 1/8-1/4 inch of tire.

What tires do you think would be better for my setup? I was going to eliminating rubbing going over bumps by stiffening my dampers accordingly. But the think that bothers me is rubbing during turns.

But then again, the 225 would look nicer and more flush with the fenders?

Ahh! IDK. Wheel guru's! Please help me out!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
If you're going to tuck tire I think you'll need 215's... I'm running 17x8 +33 and I have to stick with a 215/45 to keep from rubbing at my height (not even tucking). You could maybe get away with a 225/35.

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im sitting tucked at the height you want on 19 x 8 +38's running 225/35's and the rear is fine, just the front scrubs on some bumps etc

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Im sitting tucked at the height you want on 19 x 8 +38's running 225/35's and the rear is fine, just the front scrubs on some bumps etc
thanks for all the response guys!

dr-jekl: are you able to turn the wheel fully to the left and right? i dont mind if it only scrubs on bumps, because I was just going to stiffen the dampers in that instance anyways. :) i am just worried about the wheels rubbing the inner fender well during hard turning or full-lock.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess I'm going with the 225's? Does anyone have any other experience on this.

REMEMBER, I am planning to tuck my tires in the front. That is my biggest concern now. I'm not worried about rubbing during hard cornering or anything. I just want to tuck these bad boys! I just need to know that I can tuck the 225's without running into any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the IS350 wheels on my car without any problems. Front tires are 225/40/18, rears 245/40/18. My car is low, almost no gap between my car and tires. No rubbing at all, front or rear!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I have the IS350 wheels on my car without any problems. Front tires are 225/40/18, rears 245/40/18. My car is low, almost no gap between my car and tires. No rubbing at all, front or rear!
Are you just posting this same worthless comment in every thread? At least say what your offsets are so you can offer something to the original poster.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But those rims are a +45 offset. The ones i wanna run are +38. I just wanna know that with running a 225/40 tire, I won't hit the fender. But it's okay. I think Imma stick with a 215 and just be safe already. I can always add spacers if its not flush enough. :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts