Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 18x8 with a 35 offset be ok for our IS300s? If so, how will it look? Does the fitment mean it will stick out from the fenders, or inward etc? Also, what sized tires would be good if I don't want any rubbing problems? I am clueless when it comes to wheels, so thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Will 18x8 with a 35 offset be ok for our IS300s? If so, how will it look? Does the fitment mean it will stick out from the fenders, or inward etc? Also, what sized tires would be good if I don't want any rubbing problems? I am clueless when it comes to wheels, so thanks in advance for the help.
Please try searching some....

But in brief, +35 will stick out a bit. It will rub up front on pretty much any tire (if you are dropped at all). It can be made to work in the rear with a lip roll and possibly up to a 235. This offset pretty much owns you up front... so if you are looking for easy no hassle performance, look for higher offsets... (close to +50 in the rear and a +mid to high 40s up front).

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
I'm running this sizing with the stock 215/45/17 tires at the moment... No rubbing at all unless you are slammed. They will be flush with the fenders though, and if you roll the fenders you could run a bigger tire.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I have 18x8 +45 with 235/40 all around, H&R drop (about 2"). I have about 2mm of clearance from the fender in the rear, and it rubs the plastic fender liner when turning right.

Also, I don't recall the original poster asking about 17s with 215s.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I have 18x8 +45 with 235/40 all around, H&R drop (about 2"). I have about 2mm of clearance from the fender in the rear, and it rubs the plastic fender liner when turning right.

Also, I don't recall the original poster asking about 17s with 215s.

Q: So I want to put 18"x8.5" +50 on my rears with a 255... will this work?

A: Hell man, for sure! Just put some 14"x12.5" +12 with some 185/85/14s on there and you be set!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was inquiring about 18x8's and 35 offset, with a potential 225/40/18 tires.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I am running 18 x 8 +35 with camber wear 225/40/18 tires.
It doesnt really rub.
It rubs the liner when I am backing up with almost full turn.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
you will rub with stock suspension

one my my is300's is on stock suspension with 18 x 9.5 wheels in the rear with a +45 offset. wheels stick out slightly on bottom of rear 1/4 panel. flush on top. they do rub with a 265 series falken tire over large dips and large bumps with no passengers.

with any passengers or anything in the trunk, it rubs pretty bad over any dip or bump.

·
Registered
151 Posts
maybe this link will help you, i have is saved in my favorites. it should at least give you an idea of what everything means..
https://rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts