Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? I'm planning on going with a 215/40/18 tire and lowering my car so it's tucking tire all around. I'm not worried about the rear, but do you think the front will clear? I've seen people run 18x8 +38 and +40 with no problem. So a 3mm difference cant be that bad right?

For reference.

I hope usdm_IS300 doesn't mind me using his picture.

But this is Work Equips with a 18x8 +38. And a 215/40/18 tire in the front. I pmed usdm_IS300 a while ago and he said the wheels were flush to the fender.

Here's latenights.. car. 18x8 +40. with a 215/40 tire in front.

So you think the extra 5mm will make me run into the fenders? Anyones input?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
I ran 17x8 +33 with 215/45/17 at this height:

I had some rubbing when hitting bumps under hard cornering, but if I had rolled the fenders in front a little I would've been fine... You'll be running a bigger wheel with a lower profile tire, so you'll have more stretch and less height to your tires, thus giving you more room. I'm assuming you're on coilovers, in which case you shouldn't have too much trouble. I say go for it, you can always roll the fenders.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying ill_roller! Haha, I was actually going to PM you to see what you personally thought. Judging by that picture, looks like you have some clearance left. Do you know what your camber specs were? Not more than -2 degrees right? Also did you take out your fenderwell liner?

PS i'd give you some rep, but it said something about spreading it around somemore before giving it to you again. :p. I will when I get the chance.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Camber is at about -2.3 all around, and all fenderlining is intact. I don't think you should have too much trouble with the setup you're looking at even with less than -2 degrees of camber.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I hope usdm_IS300 doesn't mind me using his picture.
it's cool .. use the pic.. and throw some +rep my way .. hehehe..

as for the car.. it was fine and had no rubbing issues (except the rear which is why the rears were shaved )
front cambers are -1

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Haha thanks USDM. I tried, but it seems I've given you rep recently too. Lol i'll be sure to rep you when I have the chance after i spread a bit more around. ;)

Thanks for the input the guys. Its making me feel more confident with getting a +35. If anything, i guess i can just correct with camber if anything goes wrong. But you think I can get away with not running into any problems with a -1.4 ish camber?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts