Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! new member here.

I'm looking at some work xd9's and i was wondering if anyone had a similar setup to 18x10+38 all around? just want to get an idea of what it would look like.

thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
unless you are into the crazy camber, over fender, hella whatever scene I wouldn't go that route. If you are into that get ready for a lot of modification to make that fit. Personally I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless you are into the crazy camber, over fender, hella whatever scene I wouldn't go that route. If you are into that get ready for a lot of modification to make that fit. Personally I wouldn't do it.
Okay thanks. And yeah im not really into that lol, a little camber and some fender rolling would probably be the most i'd want to do to my car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys! new member here.

I'm looking at some work xd9's and i was wondering if anyone had a similar setup to 18x10+38 all around? just want to get an idea of what it would look like.

thanks
18x10+38 fits good in the rear imo just need a fender roll, up front you will hit the spindle with 18x10 +38 believe me I tried, you'll need a spacer to clear the spindle - i'm on 18x9.5+15 now up front fits great with no spacers needed, but im on overfenders now

old pic with old setup
18x9+35 front on 225/40
18x10+38 rears on 255/35

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
It'll fit fine.

My wheel specs, suspension/fender mods:

I'm running 18x9 +40 and the inner barrel of the wheel juuust clears the spindle by 1.5mm. I've had no issues with that clearance whatsoever. I'm lowered 3 inches (1 inch above fender-to-lip), -3 degrees of camber, fenders rolled flat and pulled about 4mm and it's perfectly flush. All the liners were trimmed back 2.5 inches on the upper sections of the wheel wells all around, and the rear bumper tabs were shaved. My rear is 18x10 +40, -3 degrees of camber with all stock arms. Rolled flat with the same 4mm pull (comes as a product of a proper roll job tbh). Once again, perfectly flush with zero issues. I'm running GP Sports G-Master coilovers with 18k/14k Swift springs, and Cusco camber arms up front.

Tire stuff:

I was running 205/40 Achilles ATR Sport up front and 215/40 Dimax Radar R8+ in the rear (my wheels came with tires). The stretch was too aggressive for me, the ride was uncomfortable with 40psi all around. It looks nice, but I think I can keep that look with a less risky setup. I'm switching them out for 225/35 and 235/40 Achilles ATR Sport 2's since I have room to upsize. I'll update in a couple weeks when my reconditioned wheels, stiffer springs and modified (shortened) knuckles, etc. are put on.

With a +35, you'd have 6.5mm of clearance from the spindle up front. That's plenty. Just roll the fronts flat and the same type of pull, it'll look perfect with a less aggressive drop, depending on the tires. What look/setup are you going for? Meaty track setup? Kinda stance but daily driver like mine? Hellaflush?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
What look/setup are you going for? Meaty track setup? Kinda stance but daily driver like mine? Hellaflush?
im going for a 18x9 +35 all around on 225/40/18 and im just wanting to get a good idea on everything before i go for it . last question do i need front arms or i can stick with stock? im wanting to have a low car but not slammed. i want my fitment on all 4 corners to replicate the fitment on the front of your car if that makes sense. as for coilovers i was set on getting a set of bc br with 14k/12k rates if someone will verify those rates are a good start or i need to go stiffer ( i dont mind a stiffer ride )

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts