Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have this setup?? i was thinking about 18x8 in front and 19x9 in the back...i know it may sound dumb but it looks real nice and sporty but will it be proportioned right if i did do this?? cuz this guy was telling me it might not work..please let me know...

·
Registered
221 Posts
aLexus said:
does anybody have this setup?? i was thinking about 18x8 in front and 19x9 in the back...i know it may sound dumb but it looks real nice and sporty but will it be proportioned right if i did do this?? cuz this guy was telling me it might not work..please let me know...
Honestly, its not that bad of an idea but some people might discourage because 19" is pretty damn big!

If you go through with it, tell us how it went! I aint mad!

·
Registered
831 Posts
yea i think it would look good... try it and let us know 8)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i am just trying to find the right set of wheels to do this type of fitment...alot of places i called told me the widest you can do is 8.0 in the front and 8.5 in the rear but i know i can add an additional half inch in the back...i just have to do more research ...but i will let u all know what happens and if i do decide to do it...

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Well, once prices drop for the season on tires, Im ordering NittoNT555 Tires 235/40ZR18 for the front and 265/30ZR19 for the rear. The wheels would be GGP/Polished Lip iFORGED Evolution 18x8/43offset & 19x9.5/52offset rear. Ill tell everyone how it works out, but dont count on pix for another good 6 months at least. (Personal policy w/ owner of car)DAMNIT!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
18x8f and 20x9.5r would look nice. iFORGED evolutions or aeros. 20's would be a bitch to fit in the rear though.
that would look like crap. IF you're gonna put 20s in the back you'd need 19's up front. 2 inches difference would be hella noticable. Think of 19's in the back with stock 17's up front. oh hell no.

20's are too big anyway.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I did it with my racing hart m5's (3piece wheel) I had 18x7.5 (tire 225's) front and 19x8.5 rear (tire 265's)

Looked ok, but really didnt like it all that much so I sold them.

Decided on jus 18's all around

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Chaos said:
CharlieD06 said:
18x8f and 20x9.5r would look nice. iFORGED evolutions or aeros. 20's would be a bitch to fit in the rear though.
that would look like crap. IF you're gonna put 20s in the back you'd need 19's up front. 2 inches difference would be hella noticable. Think of 19's in the back with stock 17's up front. oh hell no.

20's are too big anyway.
It was only a suggestion! Now that i image it in my head, youre right, that would look wrong. But see a couple posts up for my setup

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
It would def work. There's no reason it wouldn't.

It'd be better for potholy areas where you need a little bit more tire up front.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts