Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found a good deal on some rims. Front rims are 18 x 8.5" with 225/40/18 tires. What offset would I need these in for them to fit right without rubbing.

Same question with the rear. Rear rims are 18 x 9.5" with 245/40/18 tires. What offset would I need for no rubbing.

My car is stock height and will soon be lowered about 1.5". Any advice on the offset would help a lot. Also let me know if you would recommend this setup or something different. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still a noob to the "IS" world and the search isn't all that great.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm runnning 8.5 with a +45 offset. I wish I hadn't tho, I want my car to be lower but I can't lower it any more (tein flex) or it'll rub. Try to find 7.5 or 8's for the front. There are a few pics in the www button below.... I took them before it was raised up the first time. it's dumped in those pics (looking great I might add) but it was barely drivable.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
eklipsdrvr99 said:
It looks real good lowered like that. Do you think if I lowered the car 1.5" I would have a problem with rubbing?
should be okay, a couple other members here have the same wheels as me but they're running tein s-techs and they're doing fine

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Chaos said:
I'm runnning 8.5 with a +45 offset. I wish I hadn't tho, I want my car to be lower but I can't lower it any more (tein flex) or it'll rub. Try to find 7.5 or 8's for the front. There are a few pics in the www button below.... I took them before it was raised up the first time. it's dumped in those pics (looking great I might add) but it was barely drivable.
- thats why I went with skinny rims.... dumped like a "touring" car :chill:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
dut said:
Chaos said:
yeah, whatever.... I like your ride a lot but mine were cheap.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Chaos said:
dut said:
Chaos said:
- which were cheap???

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
dut said:
Chaos said:
dut said:
Chaos said:
- which were cheap???
my rims only cost me 1000, good enough price to deal with the fact that they're 8.5 in the front.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
just curious...

if your rear rim is 9.5 with a 245 tire... doesn't your rim stick out farther than your tire on the sides?

i would think with a 9.5 you would use a tire that is 255-275 in width

or maybe the style of your rim does fit flesh with a 245 tire?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.