Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this issue has been delt with in other threads but before I make a purchase just askin for some help, will these wheels fit? I have stock suspention and don't want to do any modification to the body. I'm not sure about the offset... Please advise...many thanks
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Size: 18"x8.5" (front), 18"x9.5" (rear)

Off Set: +32mm (front), +35mm (rear)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Sorry man, those offsets are a little low for the IS. I think you can go as far as +40 or better but I need some backup on this.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I'm interested as well, because I want to destagger and go up to 18s, but since I haven't figured out how to sneak new rims past my wife, I haven't posted this question yet.

SophieSleeps posted some guidelines on Offset Fitment for the sedan.

This will work with the front as the SportCross offset is the same as the sedans. The rear, I'm not sure about, since our offset is 55 with our 17 X 7.5s out back.

I have seen several posts in this forum about owners with aftermarket rims, so hopefully they will help us out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Squareback said:
I'm interested as well, because I want to destagger and go up to 18s, but since I haven't figured out how to sneak new rims past my wife, I haven't posted this question yet
I really haven't figured out how to sneak new rims past my wife either, I'm just gonna get them... rolling the dice on this one, yap she's gonna be pissed *lol*
I did think the off set was too low specially the rear but wanted to check since the guy selling these was telling me they would fit IS300 Sedan but he wasn't sure about the SportCross.

·
Registered
372 Posts
As long as you don't lower your car, you won't have rubbing problems, unless you hit a pothole at speed. I have the L-tuned wheels that are meant for the GS (I don't know the off-set) and they were fine until I lowered the car... rubbing happened and I had to get the rear fenders shaved (not rolled)... no more rubbing...

LouPhoto said:
I know this issue has been delt with in other threads but before I make a purchase just askin for some help, will these wheels fit? I have stock suspention and don't want to do any modification to the body. I'm not sure about the offset... Please advise...many thanks
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Size: 18"x8.5" (front), 18"x9.5" (rear)

Off Set: +32mm (front), +35mm (rear)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm running SSR's GT7-H wheels in 18x8/18x9 with 48mm F/55mm R offsets. Tires are 225/40 and 265/35 and they fit perfectly on stock height. Not sure if they would rub if it was lowered, but it looks like it would be close. Nice and fat combo with no ill effects.
Take care,
John :eek:)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have 18X8 +38 offset with 225/40's HP Evo lightnings dropped with S-Techs. They work fine but I had to roll my fenders in the back. So far so good no rubbing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts