Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so with the Volk GT-N's with a 18x7.5 with a 225/40/18 +43 Offset in the front and a 18x9.0 with a 235/40/18 +44 Offset in the back will I need to shave the fender any? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
I have this exact same wheel with the same sizes and offsets, except i'm running 255/35/18 in the back. I definitely had to roll the fenders with the 255's. with 235, it will be close, but you will probably get some rubbing if you don't roll/shave.

alredxiii said:
Ok so with the Volk GT-N's with a 18x7.5 with a 225/40/18 +43 Offset in the front and a 18x9.0 with a 235/40/18 +44 Offset in the back will I need to shave the fender any? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bk9 said:
alredxiii said:
Anyone know?
Are you asking cause' of these?
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13354114

If so, drop JChen a PM since they were his wheels..I'm sure he'll know!
Take it easy. 8)
I PM'ed him but didn't get a response from him, but then again I was wondering what tires he had :D Now I got the size, offset, wheels, just gotta find out if I need to roll the fenders, I probably will have too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so I know Im going to have to modify the fender, how would I go about doing something like that? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,544 Posts
you can take it to a bodyshop and roll or shave the fender. i recommend shaving because you wont have to risk the chance of cracking the paint and you get more clearance from it. make sure they reseal after doing so to prevent rusting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lexus_IS300 said:
you can take it to a bodyshop and roll or shave the fender. i recommend shaving because you wont have to risk the chance of cracking the paint and you get more clearance from it. make sure they reseal after doing so to prevent rusting.
Thanks :D You wouldnt happend to know how much this would cost, I kinda have a guestamet right now about 300 dollars :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
alredxiii said:
Lexus_IS300 said:
you can take it to a bodyshop and roll or shave the fender. i recommend shaving because you wont have to risk the chance of cracking the paint and you get more clearance from it. make sure they reseal after doing so to prevent rusting.
Thanks :D You wouldnt happend to know how much this would cost, I kinda have a guestamet right now about 300 dollars :-?
Rolling fenders will run you about 12 bucks a side.... between 10 and 20 bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
danielm said:
alredxiii said:
Lexus_IS300 said:
you can take it to a bodyshop and roll or shave the fender. i recommend shaving because you wont have to risk the chance of cracking the paint and you get more clearance from it. make sure they reseal after doing so to prevent rusting.
Thanks :D You wouldnt happend to know how much this would cost, I kinda have a guestamet right now about 300 dollars :-?
Rolling fenders will run you about 12 bucks a side.... between 10 and 20 bucks.
Really, thats pretty cheap, how much would it cost to shave the fenders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whoa :eek: Im getting 2 diffrent prices here, I think the best thing to do is go with a body shop and find out how much they would charge me...Thanks for everyones help :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
Both prices are correct, just one is from an honest shop and the other form a shop that wants to make money on you, so theoredicly rolling your fenders can cost you 3,000 all depends on the shop.

But a honest shop will chrage you 10 to 20 bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,647 Posts
12 bucks...that's crazy where is this shop. I called and it's around $65 per fender to roll them. the body shop said that they would recommend rolling over shaving since it keeps the integrety of the sheetmetal, as shaving would weaken it. everyone has their own opinions on this one, but I would say to get what ever the shop recommends, becuase they will be more comforable wth it since that is the way they do things and hopefully it will turn out better, since that is their speciality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
DHCrocks said:
12 bucks...that's crazy where is this shop. I called and it's around $65 per fender to roll them. the body shop said that they would recommend rolling over shaving since it keeps the integrety of the sheetmetal, as shaving would weaken it. everyone has their own opinions on this one, but I would say to get what ever the shop recommends, becuase they will be more comforable wth it since that is the way they do things and hopefully it will turn out better, since that is their speciality.
909 . 468 . 1311 the wheel supply one of the top of my head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,544 Posts
integrity??? if they look at the lip and still tell me it weakens the structural integrity i'd laugh at them.. the lip doesnt support anything. just dont shave past the spot welds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know that the rear will have to be shaved or rolled, but what about the front, will that have to be shaved or rolled?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
on mine - with the same setup, i only rolled the rear fenders. the front doesn't rub except when i back up with the wheel turned all the way. otherwise, no rubbing at all. i'm sure it depends how low you are though. i'm lowered about 1.75 inches.


alredxiii said:
i know that the rear will have to be shaved or rolled, but what about the front, will that have to be shaved or rolled?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top