Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to place my order for some 18 inch gunmetal Volk racing GTP in staggered configuration. From reading the sticky, I've decided on 18x8 offsett +44 and 18x9 offsett +49. I plan to run 225/40/18 in the front and 235 or 245/40/18 in the rear. I was wondering if the wheel gurus out there can answer my questions. Will the wheels and tires sit flush and not stick out? Also will I have to roll or shave the rear fender any w/ the tire sizes I chose. I'm leaning towards 235 in hopes that I will not have to shave the rear. But, if I can fit 245 in the rear w/o shaving, I'd rather go w/ that. I am currently running tanabe sustec pro street so-c coilovers. I am planning to drop it to about 1 finger gap w/ the wheels and tires. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I'm running 18x8 +44 up front and it's tucking. So the front will not be flush with 225/40s.

For the rear I'm almost running the same set up. 18x9 +48...but with 255/35 tires. With the fat rear tires it rubs a bit but it looks great. Plus it's an easy fix. A 245 on +49 might have slight rubbing... I can't tell you for sure.

Here's a tiny pic from my sig... You can't tell much, but you can kinda tell that my rear wheel is not quite flush and sits inside the wheel well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts