Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
8,849 Posts
In case you are a tech inclined person, here are the direction to DIY fix I posted.
If not, be sure to put masking tape around the dash area prior to taking your car for service, otherwise it will get scratched when they take out the CD-Changer/AC control module.

·
Registered
232 Posts
RIS300 said:
:pissed: I have seen posts about it off and on but it finally happened. I have 2 CDs stuck in it too damnit! :pissed: Off to the dealership i guess.
Don't feel bad, mine just jammed after 48k, barely made it under warranty. Did you have any burned CD's in there, I did. They did do a good job of replacing it, no scratches :D

·
8,849 Posts
^^^^
As I have metioned above, use masking tape, that will save you aggrevation and an extra trip to the dealership. :shame:
Unless they know about the masking tape trick, it is virtually impossible to remove that assembly without scratching it. I speak from experience.
As mentioned in the thread I linked, the problem is not burned CDs, which are always blamed because everyone uses them, so it is a good way not to admit to the design problem.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i have to call the dealership tomorrow and set something up. If it snows sometime soon i'm boned cause i don't drive my IS in the snow at all. Hopefully i can get it in the day after xmas or something. Guess I'll tape it up too. Last thing needed is MORE aggrivation this time of year :wink: Thanx for the tip man.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
That sux to hear and have heard several times before... I have one word for ya "aftermarket"... Have u ever thought about it?

GL!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
sorry to hear, i hope i dont get that.

hope it gets fix soon!

eric. :chill:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
happened to me too with about 13,000miles and I couldnt get to the dealership within couple weeks cause I was so busy w/ work and school then oneday came inside the car and it started playing again... :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts