Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 17's and I can point out one thing that has just bit me - tire bubbling. It doesn't take much of a hole in the road to cause one of thes 215/45 tires to bubble. I have the Bridgestones 040's (some have Dunlops), so it may be a tire issue. I am going to replace them in the winter with some Bridgestone RE950s high performance all season. The 17s do look great though, much better than the 16s look.

I'd say to get the 17s if you drive carefully to avoid pot holes and just keep in mind you'll want to change the tires (especially if their the Bridgestones) for the winter. The 040s seem to have very poor cold weather performance (although warm weather is phenomenal). Even in a cold rain storm I noticed a lot of slipping even going in a straight line. That was a little unnerving. I think the stock Bridgestones should get about 20,000 miles before replacement.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.