Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying a set of 17 inch IS300 wheels for my Acura Legend because I think they are really a classy wheel. A lot of the guys with Legends have bought them, bore the hub out and on thy go ... the bolt pattern and offset is perfect. A few have claimed that the wheels bent easily .........

I was wondering if this is true. Or are these guy blaming the wheels for hitting curbs ? Please let me know, as I dont want wheels that are easily bent, as I live in Canada and the winter really beats up the roads.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Stuart said:
I was thinking about buying a set of 17 inch IS300 wheels for my Acura Legend because I think they are really a classy wheel. A lot of the guys with Legends have bought them, bore the hub out and on thy go ... the bolt pattern and offset is perfect. A few have claimed that the wheels bent easily .........

I was wondering if this is true. Or are these guy blaming the wheels for hitting curbs ? Please let me know, as I dont want wheels that are easily bent, as I live in Canada and the winter really beats up the roads.
Truthfully, all rims will bend if you hit a nasty pot hole.

I hit some good size pot holes with my stock 17s and they're still holding up. There's only about 3.8" between the road and rim with the 215/45 tires, you need to check the tire pressure weekly.

Those Acura guys that bent them either have a tire size that's smaller than 215/45, they didn't bother checking their tire pressure and let it drop to a very low level, or hit a very nasty pot hole.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Re: I don't think so

BrandonTirerack said:
I don't think they are any worse then any other wheel. I bent one of mine though, but I was driving through an alley at like 60MPG. :D
doing a lil bit of off roading? :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
My Lexus dealer's service dept. told me stock 17" IS 300 OEM rims are easily bent and that going with aftermarket rims was a good idea in his opinion.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got my lex is june of 2001 and have about 35k on my car and so far so good my car is lowered about 2 1/2 inches had a set of advan model 5 18inch and bent all 4 rims in one shot. I'd say the stock rims are good but like the other guy said anything can happen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts