Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a bunch of trouble trying to find either a Bridgestone or Michelin all season that will replace the factory tires. I have searched under this site and have been unable get an answer. I realize I could use 16 inch wheels, but I keep reading how they rub the caliper, make sure the weghts don't rub, etc. ???

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by gebo:
I am having a bunch of trouble trying to find either a Bridgestone or Michelin all season that will replace the factory tires. I have searched under this site and have been unable get an answer. I realize I could use 16 inch wheels, but I keep reading how they rub the caliper, make sure the weghts don't rub, etc. ???
I purchased a set of Pirelli P7000 Supersports in the "Ultra High Performance Category" of tires which are Z-rated. They seem to be working just fine. There is a limited selection in the 215/45/17 size and IMO, the Pirellis seemed to be the best combination of price and performance. My local tire store matched discount tires' (tires.com) price of $126/tire plus installation plus what the shipping cost would have been ($30/set).

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by MrMark:
cardinal_creek,

Where did you get your tires from? I need to replace one of my 18" P7000's on my Legend.

Thanks...

Mark

Mark, I bought them from Avellino's (changing their name to Tires Plus). They price matched the price from tires.com which was $4 cheaper than tirerack. They added in what the shipping costs would have been.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Yokohama AVID H4's and they are pretty decent in the snow. (I live in Chicago so we've gotten a lot recently) They are $100 a piece, M & S rated and have a speed rating of H.

------------------

·
Registered
13 Posts
i recently replaced my Potenzas with some 17" Pirelli P7000 SuperSports and have been extremely pleased with their performance thus far. they're much quieter than the Potenzas and are far better in the (minimal) snow and ice that we've had in VA this winter. i plan to mount the Potenzas in the spring, but i'm pleased to have some all-season tires in the meantime. (btw -- my lexus dealer beat tirerack.com's price and mounted 'em for free. can't beat that!) :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
DEALERS SUCK! Thye mark up the price of the tires like $45 and then charge you like $50 to mount and balance. (Alignment Optional) How do you like them apples.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
rarjoon
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing