Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my car is on my all my lights work fine, so the problem isn't the DRL's its the little light bulb between the HID's and the Highbeams.

But when I go to turn my lights off I leave it on the interior lights only switch - the line before lights are completely turned off.

I know it worked before but, now in the headlights only my driver side light turns on.

thanks and any help will be + rep'd

if you could make any suggestions wat bulb to replace so that it turns on

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update: remembered that I had bought some 168 bulbs from Lextasy ( never buy from again) that were "supposed" to be ignition ring bulbs but ended up being 168 bulbs here they are installed since my one of my OEM 168 bulbs burnt today and I didn't just want one blue and one yellow so here they are

tell me wat ya think

thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u do know that its only the parking light? right? i know the headlights are dirty, i just haven't had time to wet-sand em with the weather being as shitty as it is and the pics didnt turn out as good as i would of liked

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just in case you haven't checked already, be sure to line up the gold wire/ring on the tip of the 168 bulb properly with the gold plating on the connecting socket when you plug it in. It a rarity that a fuse would cause this problem since it's not a LED bulb so it may just be a faulty bulb. I hope you get some positive results soon man!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just in case you haven't checked already, be sure to line up the gold wire/ring on the tip of the 168 bulb properly with the gold plating on the connecting socket when you plug it in. It a rarity that a fuse would cause this problem since it's not a LED bulb so it may just be a faulty bulb. I hope you get some positive results soon man!

its a blue led not a bulb sorry if u were misled

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
No prob on the bulb type cause I actually tried to install some LEDs some time ago for the parking lights and they stopped working after a few weeks. I was informed that because of the current, I either needed to upgrade to a higher wire harness or add a resistor for the LEDs. The cause/effect was similar to adding a resistor to the turn signals when they start to flash more rapidly to offset the current draw. I just decided to use some hyperwhite PIAAS for my parking lights instead of the LEDs. You may want to check out superbrightleds.com for some LEDs with built in resistors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts