Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of both tire sizes on the IS 300 so that a comparison can be made between them in terms of appearance?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Teg! You are a wealth of information. BTW, what options have you ordered for your IS300?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Those graphite chrome rims on the yellow a really nice. Maybe I'll have to add those later.

The 16's from Lexus really make the car look more ES-ish, i.e., more passenger car, less sports car. Who needs practicality anyhow!!??

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Solar Yellow Exterior
LSD, Black L/E
Moonroof, wheel locks, trunk mat

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Dudley:

My Graphite Gray with LD + SR + AL
(Limited Slip, Moonroof and Graphite Wheels)
should be in my driveway in September.

I prefer manual seat controls and CLOTH interior, so I am not getting LS or LP...

It is painful to wait 4 months for _my_ car to arrive.

I wonder if the lugnuts are polished too?

I hope the graphite wheels look sort of dark and not _too_ flashy. I hope the spare has the graphite finish too. Has anyone on this forum got graphite wheels already?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen both graphite and "non-graphite" rims sitting beside each other and I would say that there is not much difference between them. The graphite rims are slightly darker but certainly not flashy. I think the graphite rims are a better choice for graphite grey exteriors. Good choice!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I heard that the 17" wheels weren't that good in rain and only last 10k miles is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The stock 17" _TIRES_ are supposed to be excellent in the rain, but yes, the tires don't last very long.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
I hope the graphite wheels look sort of dark and not _too_ flashy
It's not flashy. In fact, they do not look much different from the silver during the day. The bright days make the graphite look very light. However, wait until dusk and the wheels get darker. Plus, the polished surface makes for a nice shine, especially at night. Very cool. I think it looks good on any color IS and well worth the wait and extra $400.

·
Registered
323 Posts
why not throw some nice 18's on? as nice as the stock rims are, something bigger and of a different design would make your car stand out much more than the graphite. i mean, probably 80% are going to keep their IS rims, and to everyone else no one is goin to know the diff b/w the graphite and the non-graphite.

mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wondering, how much do you think these 17 in. tires will be to replace? I'm also driving my car out to south bend indiana, where they've got a sh*tload of snow in the winter, how bad are these things supposed to be? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts