Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm 20 and I can only dream of driving an IS300. Right now I drive a 92 "L" Acura Legend. Hopefully going to get a 6-speed coupe once I get this one paid off, in the spring. Once I get it, I'll be blowing IS300's off the road. LOL Well anyway, I want to know how the hell a 16 year old or anyone under 20 can afford an IS300? Did mommy and daddy buy it for you? If so, than I'm jealous. I think you are spoiled and should learn how to earn a dollar, but i'm still jealous. Now if you earned your car through hard work and you are young, than hey you deserve every bit of your car. But being 16 and getting a $30,000 dollar car without paying for one penny of it, shows how helpless and spoiled you are. Question you need your parents to help you wipe your own a$$ too?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
someone sounds kind of bitter. for a 16 year old to really afford his car he had to have help from his/her parents somewhere. for someone that young to be able to produce that kind of money for a car and insurance/maintenance is scary. of course there are those who do but they are rare. when i see kids my age with nice cars i dont' really mind as long as they don't think they're the **** because their parnets are rich. as long as they show some respect and drive responsibly i could carel ess

[This message has been edited by mrclam (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you wanna know Jigga, i did buy my car w/o the help of my mommie and daddy aight? I've been working at my parents donut shop since i was 9 years old and yes i was responsible enough to save it all up, and now i am also 40% owner of one of the donut shops, a tutor at score education center and i am still pull a 4.0gpa. 15k downpayment, and i'm still making payments, but its under my dad's name because like YOU, the bank wouldn't see to kindly that a 16 year old is buying a lexus. how do you feel now?

·
Registered
94 Posts
And no, i do not flash my ride around and act like i am the shiz, cuz i don't like getting my baby messed with. I only flash it to those foos that think they all hard with their ride and think they have it all.
I work hard just like you aight, but maybe, just maybe i'm more fortunate to make good money. Just stop being jealous and stereo-typing all the youngsters like myself out their. Yea, someone just hit my car and its a $400 dent. Am i crying to my mommie for money? no i'm not, i'm leaving the dent their till i EARN enough money to fix it. Go ahead and blow me away with your future 6-speed, but look who has an IS already.

[This message has been edited by BabyAltezza (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, in the Asian culture. Parents will buy a car for the kid, however, the kid will take care their parents finacially after they are retired. I am kinda tired to explain this, anywayz.

Yes, my parents buy me a car and a pretty decent one. So, I will do the same to my child, or else I won't have one. I mean come on, why would you want to have a child and see him suffer. If the child had never been born, then at least they don't have to suffer, right...

I know my theory is kinda weird, and no I am not trying to find a excuse for the fact that my parents buy me a car.

·
Registered
509 Posts
sl..
ya.. i think so too.....

and to biased or anything.. but most of the chinese immigrants who live in big cities.. and wealthy cities are desent to rich..
so...

and i am under 20, and also an IS300 owner.
and i treasure every moment i step into the car.. i treasure every momemnt that i step on the pedal and shift the beatutiful knob.
i do not ever take this car for granted. i have it, because my parents love me and wants me to have what i want. i am very grateful for that. i am not from a very rich family, just a desent one, thus, buying an is300 for me is affordable.

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica

Fully loaded IS 300

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Heres my car story. At 14 I got an '89 Accord LX 4-door (Mint condition WOW) from my grandma. At age 15 I paid 1/2 for my '96 200SX SE. Then at age 16 I paid cash for my '99 Prelude and got my Ram. Then at 17 my mom paid 1/2 on IS for graduation. Now all Im waiting for is someone to say im dealin lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
lol dustin.. what do you do?

Well.. i'm chinese and my parents are poor, so they never bought me a nice car. BUT they DID buy me a car.. a nice corolla a few years back to drive to college....

Now at 21, i'm still in school (last year) and plan on buying an IS when the 5sp comes out. I make about $35 an hr working 30hr weeks.. so i should be able to buy the car cash.... I WAS planning on buying the 2001 model, but my parents needed cash, and my stocks also dropped... soooo......02 it is..

·
Registered
685 Posts
I am 16 and I'm getting IS in April. C'mon. What is wrong with kids getting nice cars as long as their parents want to give them a nice car?? I don't see a problem there. If the parents can afford it without it being pain, then I see no problem there. I'm asking to get IS because I know that my dad can afford it without sqeezing out the extra cash. He just loves me enough to let me drive a nice car. That's all. You don't have to start a flame war that was over decades ago again.
Peace.

------------------
K.P. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
who cares if your 16 and driving an IS, who cares that mom and dad bought it for you, I mean dam I'm 24 and I completely paid for mine, The fact is that your driving the sweetest car on the road... CONGRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
2000 yellow Ducati
Miami,FL

·
Registered
159 Posts
I may not get my IS300 immidiatly when I start driving, but I will eventually get it after 6 months of driving my grandmother's 98 Old Intrigue. After my parents have learned my responsibility, a manual IS300 will become myne, but first I must use money in my savings account and sell my quad.- Altezzer's brother, age 14

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230
2000 Ford Excursion Ltd. 4x4 Diesel (for the winter)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Oh man, not this again.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
mmmmmmm, donuts

Originally posted by BabyAltezza:
If you wanna know Jigga, i did buy my car w/o the help of my mommie and daddy aight? I've been working at my parents donut shop since i was 9 years old and yes i was responsible enough to save it all up, and now i am also 40% owner of one of the donut shops, a tutor at score education center and i am still pull a 4.0gpa. 15k downpayment, and i'm still making payments, but its under my dad's name because like YOU, the bank wouldn't see to kindly that a 16 year old is buying a lexus. how do you feel now?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey man like i said, if you paid for your car then it's more power to you and it shows your hard work ethic. Same here i'm paying for mine right now. But if your parents just hand it to you like your helpless than i think that you are spoiled. Me, bitter? Maybe if i was 15 or 16. But now that i'm older and have worked hard to get what i have, I'm not because I can appreciatiate, the value of a dollar. Hey, if i stop up can i get some boston cremes?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
hehe.. the worst is when parents that can hardly make house payments buy their kid some 3 series bimmer or something along the lines....

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
like i said, i don't mind younger people driving nice cars as long as they dont' act like they're the ****. at my school i'm probably the most humble(how contradictory calling myself that) bimmer driver at my school. i agree that the dollar should be earned and i have been paying for my own stuff since i turned 15. the one thing i didn't pay completely for was the m3, but i paid for halfof it...and i'm paying the other half now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
like i said, i don't mind younger people driving nice cars as long as they dont' act like they're the ****. at my school i'm probably the most humble(how contradictory calling myself that) bimmer driver at my school. i agree that the dollar should be earned and i have been paying for my own stuff since i turned 15. the one thing i didn't pay completely for was the m3, but i paid for halfof it...and i'm paying the other half now.
I remember thatsometimes your dad wouldn't let you drive it....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts