Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$275....also had the ECU update. Waiting for the trac. The dealer stated the ECU/trac was a 2-parter but that the trac was back ordered.

Was scheduled to have the undercarriage cover replaced again (the 1st time was around 8K when it blew off). The dealer stated that this 2nd fix was a new, "engineered part". Makes me wonder what the 1st fix was. It, too, was back ordered.

And lastly, had some back seat leather repaired where it had cracked. Whatever they did, they did in house and it looks great.

Got an RX as a loaner...took the trac off and had some fun with it.

·
2,909 Posts
Good to see you had a good experience at your dealer. I decided to take my IS to the local dealer not JM where I bought it to get the radio replaced due to the "ERROR3". So, I have a horror story to tell, but not just yet I want to see what happens then I will post my little story. It's not a great one I just hope things work out to my satisfaction. So keep a lookout for my post. See Ya!

·
Registered
344 Posts
$275!?! My dealer told me it would be $230. Some guys paid somewhere in the 400's. The price of pursing perfection.

·
Registered
814 Posts
WTF , I paid 350 for my 15K service. Anyway you can scan the bill (exclude all personal info) and post it. I would like to show it to my dealership. Mind you I paid MSRP for the car in July 2001 and they freaken gave me a neon as a loaner. To top that I dropped it off Thur night and they told me it had to be back Friday, and I live 45 miles away

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I remember I used to pay over $300 for the services at Mitsubishi, so $275 is not that bad. I believe that is about how much Longo charge, but I don't really know since I got my 15K miles services for free

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Look at the book that came with your car, it states everything they do.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner to scan the invoice.

15,000 mile service (Premier)
1. Change engine oil and filter
2. Replace air filter element
3. Rotate and balance wheels
4. Inspect braking system
5. Replace wiper inserts
6. Add fuel injection cleaner
7. Inspect chassis, susp bolts, ball joints and drive shaft boots
8. Check and adjust belts
9. Inspect exhaust system
10. Road test vehicle
11. Wash vehicle
12. 12 point inspection
13. Inspect rack and pinion for leaks
14. Inspect cooling system

Total units 2.30
Amount $165.60

Parts
1. Oil filter 9.96
2. Gasket 1.13
3. Brake cleaner 5.45
4. Wind Wash Fluid 1.51
5. Wheel Weights (4 @ $2.20 ea.) 8.80
6. Air Cleaner 16.95
7. Wiper Blades (2 @ $7.25 ea.) 15.50
8. Injection Cleaner 14.95
10.Oil 8.53
-----
$82.78

Taxes were $15.44
Supplies, tools were $9.00

Lexus of Pembroke Pines
1-877-746-3772

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I got a quote of $389 from my dealership.

My service rep states that the 15k service includes, among other various inspections the following:

oil/filter service
coolant flush
trans oil replace/service
diff oil replace/service
clean and flush intake system
power steering flud replace/service
tire rotation

I find it unusual that then the dealer wants to do all this service, but the manual states that most of the drivetrain fluids and power steering fluids aren't "replace" items, but merely "inspect".

I can't see replacing the diff/trans fluids at 15K. I also don't see the need to do a complete coolant flush.

Is the dealer just trying to make some $$$? Obviously they are recommending some service that the manual indicates does not need to be done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by Risk3233:
I got a quote of $389 from my dealership.

My service rep states that the 15k service includes, among other various inspections the following:

oil/filter service
coolant flush
trans oil replace/service
diff oil replace/service
clean and flush intake system
power steering flud replace/service
tire rotation

I find it unusual that then the dealer wants to do all this service, but the manual states that most of the drivetrain fluids and power steering fluids aren't "replace" items, but merely "inspect".

I can't see replacing the diff/trans fluids at 15K. I also don't see the need to do a complete coolant flush.

Is the dealer just trying to make some $$$? Obviously they are recommending some service that the manual indicates does not need to be done.
Coolant flush at 15K??
You don't need that till at least 30K. If you use the orange stuff, it supposes to last till 60K.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It sounds to me like some dealers are trying to smile, offer coffee, offer doughnuts and proceed to do some stuff that is not needed. If the price is different then some dealers probably leave off some "inspections."

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I actually have to do a service at 13k because of my dealerships service interval. I'm just doing an oil change at that time and the recommended inspections. At the 20k service I'll consider doing the drivetrain service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts