Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had gotten my car serviced at luxry motor works and turned out to be a lot cheaper than what lexus charges. my total came out to be around $180 which glendale lexus charges around $400 for the 15k service. Steve was a great guy learned a lot from him another guy i met there was Joe Z. i recomend this shop because your getting the same service done for a lot cheaper. also it took about an hour unlike lexus which takes almost the whole day.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
15,000 service;
INSPECT: Ball Joints
Body Corrosion And Paint Condition
Brake Hoses
Brake Linings
Brake Pads
Differential Fluid (Standard)
DRIVESHAFT/PROPELLER SHAFT DUST BOOTS
DUST COVERS
Exhaust Pipes And Mounts
Rack and Pinion Assy
Steering Linkage

REPLACE: Engine Oil
Engine Oil Filter

ROAD TEST: VEHICLE

ROTATE: Tires

TORQUE: DRIVESHAFT/PROPELLER SHAFT FLANGE

$180.00 seams like alot of money for a oil/filter change and torquing of driveshaft flange? Inspections? If you want inspections go to Longo for a oil/filter change for $29.95 and show them your AAA card. With the AAA card they do a multi-point inspection with a written report for FREE!
Dan

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
dgsg said:
$180.00 seams like alot of money for a oil/filter change and torquing of driveshaft flange? Inspections? If you want inspections go to Longo for a oil/filter change for $29.95 and show them your AAA card. With the AAA card they do a multi-point inspection with a written report for FREE!
Dan
compared to dealers, thats damn cheap...dealers charge $300-$400 for that sh*t...oh and there's also differential fluid change that you need to do...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
We got LexDoc here in SA and Tony(the president) is a great guy, he charged me 180 as well for my 15,000 mile service and I was checking out his SC 430 as well :eek:

·
Registered
847 Posts
WiLz said:
dgsg said:
Dan
compared to dealers, thats damn cheap...dealers charge $300-$400 for that sh*t...oh and there's also differential fluid change that you need to do...
$180.00 doesn't seem like a great deal. I believe Longo charges $210 for 15K.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Even if Longo charges around $215.00 who has the time to sit there and wait for someone to even honor your presents. I had my 15,000 mile service also done at Luxury Motorworks and I would not go any where else. Plus They let me watch them when they work on my car. I took it into Longo for my 5,000 and they dented my door. I see no reason to go back unless I have a warranty issue, and because Steve at Luxury Motorworks used to work at Lexus He will tell me when I have a warranty issue.

·
Registered
847 Posts
smokingrey said:
Even if Longo charges around $215.00 who has the time to sit there and wait for someone to even honor your presents. I had my 15,000 mile service also done at Luxury Motorworks and I would not go any where else. Plus They let me watch them when they work on my car. I took it into Longo for my 5,000 and they dented my door. I see no reason to go back unless I have a warranty issue, and because Steve at Luxury Motorworks used to work at Lexus He will tell me when I have a warranty issue.
good point, but i wanted people to know that some dealers don't charge $300-$400 for 15k as someone earlier had pointed out

·
Registered
265 Posts
smokingrey said:
Did they fix the damage to the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, they did fix it. I guess I just feel uneasy with those old and young porters driving my car cause I don't think they really care. sometimes I think they are jealouse and want to screw with it on purpose. I don't think it is the dealers fault It's just when you have that many employees It's hard to get good ones especially for minimum wage.
The dealers have deep pockets so if something goes wrong they just pay for it. I honestly don't have the time to hassel with them. I rather just take care of my car and have someone do it that really cares about it.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
smokingrey said:
Yes, they did fix it. I guess I just feel uneasy with those old and young porters driving my car cause I don't think they really care. sometimes I think they are jealouse and want to screw with it on purpose. I don't think it is the dealers fault It's just when you have that many employees It's hard to get good ones especially for minimum wage.
The dealers have deep pockets so if something goes wrong they just pay for it. I honestly don't have the time to hassel with them. I rather just take care of my car and have someone do it that really cares about it.
I agree with you on that one, Most of the time dealships do not really take the time to take care of your car, most independent places are the best, I.E. LexDoc and LuxuryMotorworks. IMHO 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
from what Steve said at Luxury Motorworks all the good techs are leaving the dealers and opening their own shops. The dealers try to keep a few good guys to train the monkeys they pay min. wage and expect the good techs to train them and be responsible when they screw up. Talk to the guy at Lex Doc I'm sure he's got some whore stories. The dealers just keep people quiet by showing their deep pockets. It just proves people can be paid to stay quiet. Hours of stories about peoples cars that ran through walls, left with no oil, left with no trans fluid, I even heard of a LS400 locking up on the freeway due to no diffo fluid. Don't worry though we'll pay for the diffo and service your car for free for the next year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok... what am I missing here - why would 15K service cost more then $60-$80???

Straight out of the manual for 15K miles:

- Replace engine oil and oil filter
- Rotate tires
- Re-torque drive shaft flange bolts

You guys are talking crazy money ($180-$400) :eek:

What's the story here???

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
RX300wannabeIS300 said:
Ok... what am I missing here - why would 15K service cost more then $60-$80???

Straight out of the manual for 15K miles:

- Replace engine oil and oil filter
- Rotate tires
- Re-torque drive shaft flange bolts

You guys are talking crazy money ($180-$400) :eek:

What's the story here???
What are you doing posting in this thread? You make sense. We have an expensive car, thus we MUST pay through the nose for service! :crazy:
Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts