Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming up on 15k miles and checked my owners manual regarding the scheduled maintenance. To me, the whole thing looks like a bunch of BS! The oil change I do myself, same with the tire rotation. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the part about re-torquing the driveshaft flange bolts. Anyone know exactly what the hell that is? Is this an important task or just BS? Just wondering because if I can save the $200+ for the 15k service, then I would be that much happier.

And please...no comments about owning a $30k car and being too cheap to pay $200 for scheduled maintenance. $200 is still $200. Especially during the holidays.... :-?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for another useless post Aubie. Worst part is that it wasn't even funny. Stop obsessing about your post count and go back to work. :roll:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yes I just got hooked up in the ass for my 15000 mile service. $400 plus with alignment and my car still pulls one way...ahahahha...Well good luck with that and I know that there is something in the Sticky about little ways that you can save money on your servicing. Something to do with your airconditioning filter can save you like 30 bucks if I recall correctly. Peace.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Henry, Yes...the A/C filter I will take care of myself. Its those damn driveshaft flange bolts that I have no idea about.....any ideas?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Ask IS300GTE....he seems to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical stuff.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I think the what alot of people do is call multiple Lexus dealers. But I dont know if you have that luxury like the Socal people. Im gonna call around and act like Im shopping for something. "how much is your 15k service? that much? well so and so was charging me 250 or so"
Im sure they will say, well you better go to so and so because we can't beat that price.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
tell them you want a few things excluded like tire rotation and brake percentage check. youve got plenty of life left on those brakes at 15k miles. believe it or not that saves you some coin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
mr who
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing