Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i found a turbo on ebay for $1400...
obviously not a great quality setup..
but what if your not looking for 500hp. what if you just want 50 to 75 more horses? will a system like this work? i mean if a cheap system has all the components as a $5000 system, just cheaper, can you install something like this and keep the internals pretty much stock... run a few psi and have a quicker car?
cause im looking around- intake's 500, exhaust is 6, 7 , 800 or whatever.. thats 13 14hundo right there and and i doubt 75 hp..

help a brahdah out...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
You found a TURBO on ebay, Not a turbo kit which you wont find for $1400. To answer all of your questions simply, no. Do a search on here and learn more. From the sounds of it you don't understand a whole lot about what you are wanting to get into. It is not nearly as simple as you think.
-Matt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a turbo kit.
do an ebay search- (is300 turbo)
you're right i dont know much about what i'm wanting to get into... thats why im asking questions.

the kit has-
2JZGE TURBO MANIFOLD SET ( MANIFOLD, DUMP TUBE, DOWNPIPE)

-GT70R TURBO

-SPEC V INTERCOOLER 24X12X3 ( CORE SIZE) OVERALL 30"

-UNIVERSAL INTERCOOLER PIPING WITH ALL SILICONE AND CLAMP

-OIL LINE KIT ( COMPLETE OIL FITTINGS WITH OIL LINES)

-WASTE GATE ( SET AT 11PSI)

-BLOW OFF VALVE BZII

-FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

im sure ill need other stuff too but would a cheap system like this work?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
ok so i found a turbo on ebay for $1400...
obviously not a great quality setup..
but what if your not looking for 500hp. what if you just want 50 to 75 more horses? will a system like this work? i mean if a cheap system has all the components as a $5000 system, just cheaper, can you install something like this and keep the internals pretty much stock... run a few psi and have a quicker car?
cause im looking around- intake's 500, exhaust is 6, 7 , 800 or whatever.. thats 13 14hundo right there and and i doubt 75 hp..

help a brahdah out...
thats false. a cheaper kit does not have "the same but cheaper components". most of the kits on ebay use knock off parts from china. while those may work they probably wont last long. especially the turbo which would probably go out in 20 miles. you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... and i realize a product like this- promising to get "600 hp" is designed to get a newbie like me wet in the pants... and it did.

i dont want 600 stallions...

i want 75 or a hundo little ponies just trottin along..

SO, can i get this kit, spend another $1000 or $1500, and 75 hp out of it safely?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats false. a cheaper kit does not have "the same but cheaper components". most of the kits on ebay use knock off parts from china. while those may work they probably wont last long. especially the turbo which would probably go out in 20 miles. you get what you pay for.
right. so it has the same components just cheaper quality? will it crap out after 20 miles if im only useing a few psi?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i want it to be fast-ish..
ive driven motorcylces for a hot minute... thats fast.
im really looking for that in my 3hundo.. just looking for some mo horsepower.

·
Registered
650 Posts
why dont you just get it already. so the next time we'll hear from you is when shit starts to break. you get what you pay for. simple as that.

·
Registered
650 Posts
thanks friend.. i appr the kind words and support.
no problem. just stating the obvious and trying to save you from wasting your money on something thats not worth it at all.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
i think i need a new job... how do you guys afford all this..
i think a good start would be to learn how to spell properly. stop using ebonics and try to embrace the English language. ;)

here's some good advice. instead of being lazy, search this forum for all of your answers. everything you want to know has already been discussed 10 times over.

if you want to play with the big boys, you have to pay to play.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.