Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:pissed: what the hell i go there and they say $135.....i was like they seems pretty high for this little of a job man....he was like well its pretty hard and it has to be in one piece blah blah....but shit....any of you guys had this done as well?

what kind of prices have you gotten?

·
Registered
888 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
:pissed: what the hell i go there and they say $135.....i was like they seems pretty high for this little of a job man....he was like well its pretty hard and it has to be in one piece blah blah....but sh*t....any of you guys had this done as well?

Is that for all the windows or just one window? $135 for the whole car seems to be a good price dood :shame:

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can see fine at night actually.

but my windshield tint was $135, the rest of my car was $150....

so total $285 :eek:

·
Registered
742 Posts
No way man...They ripped u off......... windshield tint shouldn't coast u no more than 20 bucks at the most.......My whole tint job came 2 215.......plus another 20 if i wanted the front windsheild tint.

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
:pissed: what the hell i go there and they say $135.....i was like they seems pretty high for this little of a job man....he was like well its pretty hard and it has to be in one piece blah blah....but sh*t....any of you guys had this done as well?

Damn Sucks for you..Mine cost $180 for all the windows and they come to your house to do it..they do a pretty good job too :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
WhiteLex said:
No way man...They ripped u off......... windshield tint shouldn't coast u no more than 20 bucks at the most.......My whole tint job came 2 215.......plus another 20 if i wanted the front windsheild tint.
how can you see IF you get your front windshield tinted?! :eek:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I live in Colorado so we get about 350 days or so of sun here. I got ALL my windows tinted 15% for 180.00 cash. To bad your not here in the mountains I could have it done for you while you ate lunch :lol: :lol:

But 130.00 for just the front is a little over priced. Are you going to just get a 12 inch strip on the top or are you going to get the whole thing done?? If so don't go any darker the say around 45-50% or you'll have legal issues. Not too mention the vison problems at night.

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
uneek said:
I live in Colorado so we get about 350 days or so of sun here. I got ALL my windows tinted 15% for 180.00 cash. To bad your not here in the mountains I could have it done for you while you ate lunch :lol: :lol:

But 130.00 for just the front is a little over priced. Are you going to just get a 12 inch strip on the top or are you going to get the whole thing done?? If so don't go any darker the say around 45-50% or you'll have legal issues. Not too mention the vison problems at night.
so i got ripped huh....btw i already had it done.....

heres the whole story.....for one thing i do tons of business through these guys and also bring them plenty of business so they usually hook me up pretty well!

but i first i wanted to get 35% all around with the strip across the top. well i came by the first day and i was late so they could only get the rear done.

so i set another appointment and came again.....Oh the tint guy called in sick...so i have to turn around and leave...(its an 3o minute drive for me and i have to get someone to take me home)

so i come back the third appointment!!!!!! and they actually finish it.so i paid them $150...but without the strip and tint guy was gone so i had to set another appointment for them to finsih the job!

4th time coming back....i get there and oh what "the tint guy comes out before i leave and my ride and feeds me this BS that "oh well these guys should have told you that i cant do the strip on your car due to the thick teflon around the rear view....it would bubble"....

so i had to leave again!
but then i noticed they had fucked something up with my windows they wouldnt roll down!

so i had to call again and set up my 5th appointment....and i was kinda pissed by now, so i said btw tell him to tint my whole windshield 50%...and if i dont like it cuz that teflon BS he will just ahve to rip it off!
so i come back and he says "they broke my LEDs in 3 of my doors so now they have to replace them! oh and by the way that will be $135.63. I WAS LIKE ARE YOU SERIOUS....he says yeah its a tuff job he said it took him like 2 hrs and they have to do that all in one piece!

so i paid him but im going to give him a piece of my mind when i come back for the 6TH time for them to repair my shit!

he just lost a ton of business if he wants to keep this shit up!

but the shitty thing about this situation....is they are the best around at what they do!....custom audio and shit....so i was planning on having them do all my audio and custom work! they just sent their WHITE Excusrion the SEMA LAsvegas and won first place SUV!

THIS SUCKS :pissed:

·
Registered
742 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
uneek said:

so i got ripped huh....btw i already had it done.....

heres the whole story.....for one thing i do tons of business through these guys and also bring them plenty of business so they usually hook me up pretty well!

but i first i wanted to get 35% all around with the strip across the top. well i came by the first day and i was late so they could only get the rear done.

so i set another appointment and came again.....Oh the tint guy called in sick...so i have to turn around and leave...(its an 3o minute drive for me and i have to get someone to take me home)

so i come back the third appointment!!!!!! and they actually finish it.so i paid them $150...but without the strip and tint guy was gone so i had to set another appointment for them to finsih the job!

4th time coming back....i get there and oh what "the tint guy comes out before i leave and my ride and feeds me this BS that "oh well these guys should have told you that i cant do the strip on your car due to the thick teflon around the rear view....it would bubble"....

so i had to leave again!
but then i noticed they had fucked something up with my windows they wouldnt roll down!

so i had to call again and set up my 5th appointment....and i was kinda pissed by now, so i said btw tell him to tint my whole windshield 50%...and if i dont like it cuz that teflon BS he will just ahve to rip it off!
so i come back and he says "they broke my LEDs in 3 of my doors so now they have to replace them! oh and by the way that will be $135.63. I WAS LIKE ARE YOU SERIOUS....he says yeah its a tuff job he said it took him like 2 hrs and they have to do that all in one piece!

so i paid him but im going to give him a piece of my mind when i come back for the 6TH time for them to repair my sh*t!

he just lost a ton of business if he wants to keep this sh*t up!

but the shitty thing about this situation....is they are the best around at what they do!....custom audio and sh*t....so i was planning on having them do all my audio and custom work! they just sent their WHITE Excusrion the SEMA LAsvegas and won first place SUV!

THIS SUCKS :pissed:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the tint company. There is no way it should take 2 hours for the front windshield. My friend who owns a tint shop took about 20 minutes for my windshield, and charged me $60. BTW I have 35% reflective. He had no problems with my car and I have a lifetime warranty. Can't believe he broke your led's along with dealing with the rest of the problems. :pissed:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
wait..so you paid $135.00 for tinting the whole entire windshield and not just a trip across the top right???

from reading the above posts.. everyone seems to be confused as to what you were trying to do.

I got quoted $150.00 to tint the ENTIRE front windshield (not just a strip across the top). and another $210.00 for the rest of my windows (5-window)

totaling $360.00 for a tint job. All windows tinted.

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well then your prices are more like mine^^^

i thought i was pretty clear....the WHOLE windshield tint was an extra $135!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.