Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Never understould why people post randomness on sites that have nothing to do with their car. I have beat many many of them but good times i guess i dunno anything about 350zzzzz.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great run. What edition Z is it?? My friend had a Touring edition and never got faster than 14.0. Another friend of mine has a Track edition but has yet to run it. If a stock Track edition can run 13.10 then his should be in the mid 12s with the mods he has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great run. What edition Z is it?? My friend had a Touring edition and never got faster than 14.0. Another friend of mine has a Track edition but has yet to run it. If a stock Track edition can run 13.10 then his should be in the mid 12s with the mods he has.
Enthusiast, weighs about close to 3300 pounds without a driver.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There is no way a stock 350z runs low 13's.

Here are some specs from edmunds. This is the enthusiast model (All models come with the same specs on the engine, even the track edition)

Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 287 hp
Max Horsepower: 6200 rpm Torque: 274 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4800 rpm Drive Type: RWD

Curb Weight: 3210 lbs. Gross Weight: 3815 lbs.

My dads 09 STI runs 13.5's all day stock with AWD for comparison.

Im going to call spray on this one and BS, since stock 350z run low 14s. You would need atleast spray to get those times on a stock 350z. Most people forget that it takes a lot of upgrades and tuning to shave even .5 seconds off your 1/4 mile time.

·
truth versions only
4,704 Posts
^^Btw who cares about gross weight??? Thats the weight of the car fully loaded in the trunk and two fat people in it :D

His trap speeds look suspect but I have seen my fair share of Zs running low 13s stock. They were mostly 2007 and up (HR motor) but they definitely move. Now the 2009/2010 Z...yeah that will run or eclipse this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no way a stock 350z runs low 13's.

Here are some specs from edmunds. This is the enthusiast model (All models come with the same specs on the engine, even the track edition)

Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 287 hp
Max Horsepower: 6200 rpm Torque: 274 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4800 rpm Drive Type: RWD

Curb Weight: 3210 lbs. Gross Weight: 3815 lbs.

My dads 09 STI runs 13.5's all day stock with AWD for comparison.

Im going to call spray on this one and BS, since stock 350z run low 14s. You would need atleast spray to get those times on a stock 350z. Most people forget that it takes a lot of upgrades and tuning to shave even .5 seconds off your 1/4 mile time.
Might want to do your homework about what a HR 350z is (2007-2008 model) 306 hp to crank compared to the DE 350z which you are talking about (2003-2005 models) which are 287 hp to crank. A lexus IS 350 is 306 hp just like the HR 350z but the HR Z weighs 200 pounds lighter than the IS 350 :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
A lexus IS 350 is 306 hp just like the HR 350z but the HR Z weighs 200 pounds lighter than the IS 350 :)
Okay so somehow your car is rated at 13.7 but you shaved .6 seconds off your time with no mods at all? Prove to me, other than a video that your car is stock.

To be honest, if you want to talk about weight. My 71 240z is rated at 2,300lbs. And the engine is not stock...I wont even bother telling you my 1/4 mile time.....btw those are my street tires ;)

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/pharaohdeez/Picture364.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/pharaohdeez/Picture366.jpg

You know, I do like the new Z cars, but they just lost all integrity when they went without the straight 6. Its like when BMW decided to make their new M3 with a v8..hideous...there is a reason why people love straight 6's. They have HUGE potential to make power... Thats why im in love with my is300, I can swap a 2JZGTE block and pretty much have my way with the car. But even tho my lexus is not as fast as my Z, the sound of the engine is just pure bliss.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay so somehow your car is rated at 13.7 but you shaved .6 seconds off your time with no mods at all? Prove to me, other than a video that your car is stock.

To be honest, if you want to talk about weight. My 71 240z is rated at 2,300lbs. And the engine is not stock...I wont even bother telling you my 1/4 mile time.....btw those are my street tires ;)

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/pharaohdeez/Picture364.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/pharaohdeez/Picture366.jpg

You know, I do like the new Z cars, but they just lost all integrity when they went without the straight 6. Its like when BMW decided to make their new M3 with a v8..hideous...there is a reason why people love straight 6's. They have HUGE potential to make power... Thats why im in love with my is300, I can swap a 2JZGTE block and pretty much have my way with the car. But even tho my lexus is not as fast as my Z, the sound of the engine is just pure bliss.....
Here is a picture of my engine bay
2008 Nissan 350Z HR Pictures, Mods, Upgrades, Wallpaper - DragTimes.com

By the way Edmunds rated the Stock 2007 350z (HR Z) as a 13.6 second car and also rated the IS 350 as a 14.2 second car

2010 Lexus IS 350 C F-Sport Test Drive on Edmunds.com

I'm pretty sure the IS 350 is NOT a 14 second car and I just proved the HR Z is not a high 13 second car if you know how to drive and know what you're doing. Have fun

·
Registered
57 Posts
HAHA... i was hoping to see a is300... but im like " wait the head lights look different " HAHAHA
350's

·
Registered
97 Posts
To the OP: clean run, nothing to sneeze at sir.

I live in the snow belt, Had to move my is300 across the street for plowing. Took a minute or two. My buddy with a 350 Track, 30 minutes. It's the little things in life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts