Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi... i would like to know is it possible for me to get IS300 for around $12,000? It might be too low for IS but i want to pay full with no financing. I'm 20 yr old and that's all i got but i really really want IS. i don't really care about the mileage or the year. Should i check dealers in my area? Will they even have one with that low price at all? btw i live in NYC.

Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
SiriuslyShady said:
hi... i would like to know is it possible for me to get IS300 for around $12,000? It might be too low for IS but i want to pay full with no financing. I'm 20 yr old and that's all i got but i really really want IS. i don't really care about the mileage or the year. Should i check dealers in my area? Will they even have one with that low price at all? btw i live in NYC.

Thanks
with a salvage title and moderately high miles, yes.

·
Registered
46,689 Posts
tpc_01 said:
with a salvage title and moderately high miles, yes.

So to answer your question.....not really.

Not from a dealer thats for sure. Blue book is still over 19K.....so finding one for 35% less than that in anything close to good shape is very unlikely. Perhaps you can begin dredging lakes or building one out of scrap parts...you will have a driveable car before you find a $12K IS300.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
damn 12K holy smokes...

i cant imagine how .net will be when is300s are 12K on the market

new topics= "hey guys, check out my picnic table spoiler!!"

"where can i find calvin and hobbes stickers peeing on a toyota?!?!"

"check out my MUGEN IS300!!!"

**prays is300s hit rx-7 and supra status and still maintain some value....

·
Registered
46,689 Posts
SiriuslyShady said:
well...should i finance for $3000 so that i can spend $15,000. so $15k possible?
15K would still be pushing it. Also I wouldn't walk into a dealer expecting Toyota to finance 3K...I know ford/mazda won't do that and I doubt GMAC would. A smaller used lot might but I doubt it...ALL their money comes from financing. You may need to secure lending from a bank before going.

and if you can finance 3K you can finance 6K. It would be 50 bucks more a month tops.

aah to be 20 and ridiculous...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just wanted to give you a diffrent view.

I'm selling my 00 honda civic si for 12k

and you want to find a lexus for the same price.

food for thought.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Sorry but you have to come up with a little more cash to add to your 12k or you can finance the rest for a good running IS. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can get an IS for $15000. Probably a 2001 with 100k miles on it. I paid a little over 16k for mine, but I overpaid and know it.

Under General Discussion there is one at $15300

·
Registered
260 Posts
if you can find an 01 with a lot of miles + salvage title you can for sure get it for less than $15k... 12 would be pushing it. Watch ebay though, you can probably find one.

Also, just so you know, your insurance is going to be high. Even if you have a clean record your going to have to pay a couple hundred a month.

·
Registered
46,689 Posts
Aequitas said:
if you can find an 01 with a lot of miles + salvage title you can for sure get it for less than $15k... 12 would be pushing it. Watch ebay though, you can probably find one.

Also, just so you know, your insurance is going to be high. Even if you have a clean record your going to have to pay a couple hundred a month.

And you will own a salvage title car that will be hard to unload unless you find someone as desperate and underfunded as you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mazdaspeed said:
And you will own a salvage title car that will be hard to unload unless you find someone as desperate and underfunded as you.
yeah, before my IS I had a Jeep with salvage title and 90% of the people who are interested in it run away when they hear salvage, or give you a real low ball offer.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
You need to take a step back and realize you cannot afford the car. High mileage plus salvage title = problems. How are you going to pay for repair bills? Do you realize how expensive insurance is? Save yourself the inevitable future headache by purchasing a car you can afford. There's no shame in driving a civic until you get your life/finances together.

·
Registered
46,689 Posts
MSM5speed said:
You need to take a step back and realize you cannot afford the car. High mileage plus salvage title = problems. How are you going to pay for repair bills? Do you realize how expensive insurance is? Save yourself the inevitable future headache by purchasing a car you can afford. There's no shame in driving a civic until you get your life/finances together.

Stop being completely reasonable!

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
I just looked on Autotrader and found a few ones in the Atlanta Area for around 13K, No salvage just high miles...

2002 5sp 115,851 miles for $13,998
NO EMAILS for best respond call 678-407-1364 MANUAL trans. car in EXCELLENT cond. 3month WARRANTY www.armotorsportsinc.com
VIN JTHBD192920039842

And

2001 Auto 122,535 miles for $13,448
Very nice 2001 Lexus, loaded, great car, has neon lights inside and out. Call 404-510-0918

I bet there are some for $12K somewhere..good luck!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
i'd hold out on the IS3. Sounds like you are a little tight on cash. You may have the car, but also remember you have to factor in basic things like insurance, maint. cost, gas, etc.

good luck man :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replies ..specially to GutterMouth who took the time and post pic of the cars. i do understand that it might not be possible. Well if i can't find one i might have to finance more.

by the way ...i drive 92 camry right now.

For the insurance ... i'm currently under my dad's insurance so if i bought the IS ..he has to register with his name so that i can still be under his policy. but i'm not sure how much are they gonna charge for adding IS to his insurance.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
SiriuslyShady said:
Thanks for all the replies ..specially to GutterMouth who took the time and post pic of the cars. i do understand that it might not be possible. Well if i can't find one i might have to finance more.
No Prob....happy to help. Just click on this
under my name ;) . Good luck with your search for a IS300 :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts