Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
i agree about the times though, these guys who are running high 12's with 450whp and stuff, it seems like they should be much lower than that, especially for a 3200lb car... the new vette's are [email protected] the crank and the same weight and run high 12's. is it a suspension issue?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
NAIS01 said:
i agree about the times though, these guys who are running high 12's with 450whp and stuff, it seems like they should be much lower than that, especially for a 3200lb car... the new vette's are [email protected] the crank and the same weight and run high 12's. is it a suspension issue?
For autos...other than the bad 60' times we get without a stall converter, there is also the lag between the 1st to 2nd shift since it's an overdrive that slows us down. Some of us auto guys have gone to a tuner who has been able to completely fix that, and others of us have had an improvement, but can still experience a lag of the shift.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
NAIS01 said:

whats 3200?? not an IS300....I weighed in with me in it, at 3650 last week....:lol:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Wino_II said:
Says 3200lbs on my registration. Guess your fat ass weights in at 450lbs. :lol:
I dont think so... :rolleyes:

lexus.com says 3,285 lb....I also dont think the scale worked correctly where i did it at Englishtown......i'm a mere 250lbs, despite what you may have thought ;)

·
Exclusive Agent
3,582 Posts
I am not sure. I hear 3,200 lbs is the weight for the IS300. And in some places I hear 3,400 lbs. I am not sure which one.
would you think that the IS300 is lighter or heavier than the E46 M3? The E46 M3 weighs 3,415 on their website.
Not sure. M3 doesn't come with a spare tire either.

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
my car weighed 3330lbs on a scale and w/ the spare and jack in it as well as my laptop, helmet, backpack, and a 1/4tank of gas. an auto is heavier than a stick btw, but '01's were lighter than later years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
seems like all the mods here are running some high HP, is it requirement??? ha
seriously though, how much are you guys spinning?? i saw a vid of lexispooled running a [email protected]!!!! that trap speed is good for 11's easily, but you can hear him spin every single gear all the way until he traps

·
Registered
557 Posts
LexISpooled said:
ok cool, what did your IS300 60?

As for pulling off a decent 60' , how many times have these cars hit the track? How many times did the driver get a crack at it? Heres your answer, not many.

"The stick shifts shouldn't have a problem", your kidding right? Autos are much easier to launch and 60', you need to do some reading before you post back up.

newbs :(
Haven't ran my car yet, I will let you know soon.

You mean to tell me all 10 of those guys all spending 10k+ each on mods none of which have a decent drag racing experience?

No doubt autos are easier to launch, but I say stick shift because I assume all these cars have turbo lag hurting the 60 foot time w/ an auto. With drag radials and dropping the clutch in the power range, I would think at least 1.8x?

I agree, with the other posts, without a higher stall converter, an auto won't do anything under 2.00 sec. with our small engine displacement even w/ turbo. The trade off is high stall's do get annoying for street driving, shifts are really soft and the engine seems to hover just below stall speed under light acceleration.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I found that loading the e-brake on the line improved my 60' a bit. It even builds boost off the line.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
I found that loading the e-brake on the line improved my 60' a bit. It even builds boost off the line.
Yeah, I did the same thing last time I went to the track for the first time. I guess I never put enough man handling on the brake and e-brake.

The issue is that doing those things so aggressively is SO bad for the tranny and brakes. It was the first and last time that I stand on the brakes and pull the ebrake to the point where if I pull harder they would both brake ;)

I just can't wait until I get back and get the damned stall converter already!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
sigh i just want my damn car back from the shop

·
Registered
557 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
What 60 foot times were you gettin? I'm curious. Who's got the lowest 60 foot time?? Maybe someday we may see an is300 using a turbo 400 just like the fastest supras. The most powerful is300 I've heard of is 719rwhp behind a 6 speed.
http://www.visionboy.com/cars.htm although I do not know his times.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
DanielIS300 said:
What 60 foot times were you gettin? I'm curious. Who's got the lowest 60 foot time?? Maybe someday we may see an is300 using a turbo 400 just like the fastest supras. The most powerful is300 I've heard of is 719rwhp behind a 6 speed.
http://www.visionboy.com/cars.htm although I do not know his times.

I believe the lowest 60' is a 1.6x from the srt 6spd. @ the #1 spot.

As for using a th400 or th350 its not impossible to put one in, just takes some work...gotta hack up the tranny tunnel for one I'm told. For most a built auto should get her done.

As for trekster on his old set-up he did a low 12, not sure if he got an oppurtunity to best that w/ his new set-up.

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
why are you track whores not running? i thought they opened up already.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My best was a 1.9

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I ran 13.2 @ 117.4 and another similar run the other nite, peak boost was 17.5 on blitz sbc. I Did not launch the car, just wanted to make sure the traps were the same before winter came.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
DanielIS300 said:
Yeah track whores, I thought we would see a 10 second run by now!! You all are a disgrace!! :) hahahahaha
unless you have done better stfu and sit in the bleachers

61 - 80 of 557 Posts