Lexus IS Forum banner

541 - 557 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can we start adding the HP that each car makes to give everyone a general idea?

·
Registered
524 Posts
^very nice, what tire size?
its a 255/35/18 Federal 595SS. Its only like an $80 tire. But that Racelogic Traction control is just sick. Just slip the clutch a little bit and it goes. I think that if I had a better tire, like a Toyo R888 or something that hooks, I think it could of pulled a 1.8 flat no problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My best time before I blew up my engine last weekend. 11.55 at 120mph with a 1.68 60 foot.

Running Mickey Thompson ET Streets

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Finally got it together to go back to the track. This was at Sydney Dragway in Australia.

The car is an IS200 with 2jzgte conversion. tremec 6 speed. SP67BB turbo on e85.

[email protected] mph
CONGRATS! :approve:

Video? pics of engine?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Finally got it together to go back to the track. This was at Sydney Dragway in Australia.

The car is an IS200 with 2jzgte conversion. tremec 6 speed. SP67BB turbo on e85.

[email protected] mph
What kind of hp/tq were you making on this pass?

·
Registered
542 Posts

[email protected] mph
That is one fast Lex! Which tremec transmission are you using and did you swap the diff? I've been entertaining that option for a while now and would love to know more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no conventional air-air intercooler in the car. It has a water to air intercooler, what you are looking at is the actual bumper that got fiber glass molded to cover the big hole in the front of the bumper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry Guys - I didn't get notification of all the attention my post got here.

The transmission is a tremec TR6060 6 speed. Diff is a toyota g series (Standard is300 size?) with micro polished 4.086:1 gears.

The engine at that time dyno'd at around 460 rwkw, more recently it has done a best of 493rwkw (~660rwhp), always on Mainline chassis dyno's. We added a little more boost (28psi) and leaned on it a bit.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry Guys - I didn't get notification of all the attention my post got here.

The transmission is a tremec TR6060 6 speed. Diff is a toyota g series (Standard is300 size?) with micro polished 4.086:1 gears.

The engine at that time dyno'd at around 460 rwkw, more recently it has done a best of 493rwkw (~660rwhp), always on Mainline chassis dyno's. We added a little more boost (28psi) and leaned on it a bit.
Did it take a lot of custom work to fit that transmission?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did it take a lot of custom work to fit that transmission?
I guess it did.

We measured up, drew for CNC and had a small run of 5 adapter plates machined out of billet.

The plate joins the gearbox case to a Toyota J1 auto bell housing from a 1jzgte soarer.

The clutch plates were resplined to suit 26 spine chev pattern. There is a pretty rare sized thrust bearing on the spigot.

The shifter is a modified aftermarket unit from a GT500 mustang.

Custom Gbox mount / shaft adapter / tailshaft.

3/4inch willwood remote reservoir master cylinder.
We used an aftermarket billet concentric slave cylinder as the factory ones are known to fail.

NO tunnel mods !! yay - lol I think that was the only thing we didn't have to make from scratch.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I guess it did.

We measured up, drew for CNC and had a small run of 5 adapter plates machined out of billet.

The plate joins the gearbox case to a Toyota J1 auto bell housing from a 1jzgte soarer.

The clutch plates were resplined to suit 26 spine chev pattern. There is a pretty rare sized thrust bearing on the spigot.

The shifter is a modified aftermarket unit from a GT500 mustang.

Custom Gbox mount / shaft adapter / tailshaft.

3/4inch willwood remote reservoir master cylinder.
We used an aftermarket billet concentric slave cylinder as the factory ones are known to fail.

NO tunnel mods !! yay - lol I think that was the only thing we didn't have to make from scratch.
very impressive! you must be the first one running that setup

·
Registered
38 Posts
very impressive! you must be the first one running that setup
It took a lot of sorting out. In the end Im not sure I would have gone the same route.

That said it is a great thing to drive now. The ratios are spot on and the box feels indestructible.

541 - 557 of 557 Posts