Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I drove Darkstrom's car along time ago at E-towne. It ran 11.8 or so breaking a rod at the 1000ft mark. Also I drove Malofquest's car at MIR once and it ran an 11.7. This was all along time ago, you might be able to find it if you do a search or contact Darkstrom and Malofquest.

-Ray

LexISpooled said:
nope read the Detail thread!! you now know anyways :)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ForcefedIS said:
I drove Darkstrom's car along time ago at E-towne. It ran 11.8 or so breaking a rod at the 1000ft mark. Also I drove Malofquest's car at MIR once and it ran an 11.7. This was all along time ago, you might be able to find it if you do a search or contact Darkstrom and Malofquest.

-Ray

I am gonna try to find that thread for darkstorms 11.8, whats was the details...turbo, trap, tires etc

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
my (former car) was a stage 2 pfs (no extras) at 18.5 psi, 102 octane, 11.77sec @118.5mph

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Great thread. How the hell did I miss it.....

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Freelance said:
Great thread. How the hell did I miss it.....
yeah man! and that top 10 certainly will change come this spring/summer/fall.....going to be very exciting seeing the potential of some of the IS300's that have been revamped over the past year...:cool:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
tsopranoMB said:
yeah man! and that top 10 certainly will change come this spring/summer/fall.....going to be very exciting seeing the potential of some of the IS300's that have been revamped over the past year...:cool:
you being one of them

·
Registered
101 Posts
so i ask.... how reliable is an IS that throws down 11's all day long?? and for daily driving can you crank down the boost to a more normal level for gas mileage/engine longevity reasons, or once youve gone stage 2/3, are you pretty much driving a rocket to the grocery store and back everyday?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
NAIS01 said:
so i ask.... how reliable is an IS that throws down 11's all day long?? and for daily driving can you crank down the boost to a more normal level for gas mileage/engine longevity reasons, or once youve gone stage 2/3, are you pretty much driving a rocket to the grocery store and back everyday?
You can absolutely turn the boost down and keep your rpms below boost and it will drive like a normal IS....Then when you hit the track put some higher octane race gas/ sticky tires and run higher boost and go after an 11 with the proper set-up. It is nice to have an extra vehicle for the just incase scenarios that can occur with ANY fast car.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
so who wants to guess who will be the first to break into the 10's this year?

ISMAN? LEXISPOOLED? DARKSTORM? DT1313? LTUNED&BOOSTED's car (new owner) TREKSTER? TSOPRANOMB?

21 - 40 of 557 Posts