Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work I jumped into the car and the outside temp gauge on the A/C read 118 degrees. :eek: It's the hottest I have ever seen it read before. Now it was hot as hell outside but not 118. Where is the sensor for the outside temp gauge? The temp will go down as I start to drive but it only went down to 109 degrees. I think I might have the highest reading out of all you guys. To bad its not right. :-?

post your highest temp.......

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have only seen mine go up to 98. And you are right it was not 98 out. When the car sits in the sun for a while it seems to give inaccurate readings.

·
8,880 Posts
The sensor must be in the air-intake (MAF? :-? ).
There's no better spot on the car to take the reading.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
houstonlex, if it was 108 then i guess mine was right too. i thought it didn't get into the 100's yesterday?

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
fuct said:
houstonlex, if it was 108 then i guess mine was right too. i thought it didn't get into the 100's yesterday?
it hit 104 downtown yesterday....

with the pavement being so hot, the 108 reading was prolly dead on

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I drove past a digital thermo one evening and it was reading 75.

On my dash, it was reading 83.

So i never go by the thermo on my dash anymore.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I must be an exception because mine is pretty accurate. I have come accustomed to the temp being inaccurate only when I turn on the car and drive for a couple of miles. After 5 min, the temp on my dash is a few degrees off of what those digital bank temp guages say. Thats good enough 4 me!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dam you Southern people and your triple digits! WE here in Michigan only got in the 80's yesterday. I am jelous of u fokerz :lol:

Maybe I'll move to the west coast one day.... :p

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
LX4U2NV said:
Dam you Southern people and your triple digits! WE here in Michigan only got in the 80's yesterday. I am jelous of u fokerz :lol:

Maybe I'll move to the west coast one day.... :p
What the fock? are you saying you LIKE 100+ degree weather? What the hell is wrong with you!? 80's are perfect!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
HoustonLex said:
fuct said:

heat index probly being 115... it was hot as fock yesterday, and this was during the night time! houston weather sux...

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
shinto said:
HoustonLex said:
fuct said:

heat index probly being 115... it was hot as fock yesterday, and this was during the night time! houston weather sux...

yea, tell youself that when your golfing in Jan. instead of shoveling 12 inches of snow...

·
8,803 Posts
Ive had mine read 121. After driving it went down to a very cool 117. Gotta love AZ. :pissed:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DAMN, i thought i had the highest temp reading. 121 ouch. the shift knob gets so hot i can't touch it for about 3 min. i like to try and hold it as long as i can before i have to take my hand off in pain. man, that sounds sick... :lol:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DAMN, i thought i had the highest temp reading. 121 ouch. the shift knob gets so hot i can't touch it for about 3 min. i like to try and hold it as long as i can before i have to take my hand off in pain. man, that sounds sick... :lol:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 53 Posts