Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I saw and drove an ‘09 350 w/ 114k miles, but there was a rattling noise behind the glovebox a few times and the hood wouldn’t lock and something sounded loose when trying to shut it. There were a few nicks and a longer scratch on the back door.

The car does have the luxury package and the mark levinson sound system.

The car drove extremely well and the service history is great w/ an alternator and fuel pump replacement along with all scheduled maintenance.

Are some/all of these issues to be expected? I’m aiming to spend $10k.

There’s only three 2is within 200 miles:
‘06 RWD w/ 117k for $9k
‘09 RWD w/ Mark Levinson and 114k miles for $10k
And an ‘08 w/ Mark Levinson and 80k miles for $14k

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
437 Posts
Rattling and a hood that won’t shut are not things I would expect spending 10k. Also a large scratch down the side won’t work for me either. I’m sure you can find a better example. Those Lexus are pretty reliable so even one that doesn’t have impeccable service history could be considered in my book.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 30-45 minutes north of Atlanta, GA

I want to get one with less than 120k miles. There are others nearby with higher mileage

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
437 Posts
Oh ok, quite a ways from California lol. You are right on the price point. If you can’t find exactly what you want right this moment. Give it a week or two. I’m sure another will present itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in Atlanta, well just north. I would look the body over carefully and make sure the Carfax is clean.
Should I expect the issues I mentioned in my original post? They don’t affect driving the car, but are annoying. The cover where the gear shifter was missing so I could see down towards the gearbox as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts