Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just reading about the 15K checkup and i'm going to be going in soon for my 10k check up, also because my CHECK ENGINE light is on..so ya..But that just happend. IS there anyting i should specifically ask for such as trac/ECU upgraded to boost performance? ANY TIPS? Your help is greatly appreciated.thnx.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by Dave:
Hey guys i was just reading about the 15K checkup and i'm going to be going in soon for my 10k check up, also because my CHECK ENGINE light is on..so ya..But that just happend. IS there anyting i should specifically ask for such as trac/ECU upgraded to boost performance? ANY TIPS? Your help is greatly appreciated.thnx.
Check engine light being on this early could be something as simple as the 02 sensor being bad, but you should check the oil level, and then get it serviced. Don't sweat the TRAC/ECU thing, unless you bought an early production IS300... if you do a search for that + "VIN" you should find a list of VIN #'s that fall under the fix... if not, then your car was fixed before it even left the factory.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Apparently when my service guy brought my name up in the computer, it told him the things that needed done to the car like the ECU/Trac update and the undercarriage cover replacement.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Lots of things can trigger the check engine light.

If you don't tighten the gas cap enough the OBDII sends an alarm that too much gasoline is evaporating and the check engine light somes on. They can "pull the code" from the ECU and tell you why it is on, but it may not have anything to do with the engine.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thnx for ur help guys. Another question, what do you think would be a good peformance upgrade, for instance S-AFC or wut you think? I already have intake and exhaust...Just curious what would be a good "bang for the buck" that is relativly cheap..

·
8,880 Posts
Do you have Injen Intake.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I have Stillen Intake and exhaust, and crossdrilled4pistonslotted rotors...any ideas..i'm callin my dealership tomrow..tell u how it goes.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I vouch for a switch to synthetic oil.

--k

Originally posted by Dave:
Thnx for ur help guys. Another question, what do you think would be a good peformance upgrade, for instance S-AFC or wut you think? I already have intake and exhaust...Just curious what would be a good "bang for the buck" that is relativly cheap..

·
8,880 Posts
When you installed the intake, did you reset the ECU by disconnecting negative wire on the battery for 5 min? That seems to cause the check engine problem sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts