Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know is it possible to put 10inch in the rear. i am looking at some advan rims and they dont come in 9.5. the offset is a 45, so does any one have any ideas on how this can work. what would be the right tire size for this.

thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
You will have to cut out the inner fender and then pull the quater panel out to have clearance. I have 19 9.5 in the rear running 265 30 19 and i rub every where.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
are you going with a 10" width just for looks or are you planning on an enormous amount of hp in the future

the +45 offset will be too low for the rear, try to find something like a +55 offset, even then, you will most likely still have to modify your fender

you can run 265/275 in the rear or even 285 with some modification to your fender

pretty much with whatever offset or tire size you get, you will probably have to modify your fender

czar - what's the offset on your wheels

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
It's possible to fit 10" rims in the rear but it's not worth it if you're not producing a shitload of power. It seems like the maximum rear width you can use without doing some serious fender work is 9.5" (+55). If you're going to put on 10" rims, you're going to need to get your fenders pulled. You might want to ask John (Lexus_IS300) on what he did to fit his 10" Blitzs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Inochi3 said:
are you going with a 10" width just for looks or are you planning on an enormous amount of hp in the future

the +45 offset will be too low for the rear, try to find something like a +55 offset, even then, you will most likely still have to modify your fender

you can run 265/275 in the rear or even 285 with some modification to your fender

pretty much with whatever offset or tire size you get, you will probably have to modify your fender

thats funny im running a +45 in the rear with a 265/30 tire

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
SOALTEZZA said:
Inochi3 said:

thats funny im running a +45 in the rear with a 265/30 tire
yeah but he has flares so that helps too..I have 285/25/18's with a 10inch rim it rubs alil I dont mind anymore..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Inochi3 said:

I dont quite know, i got a set for a supra and shaved the wheel 5mm. Thats the only way i got a set of C4s to fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts