Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my IS in for its 1K "service" this AM. They said it would take about an hour. I waited. It took 45 minutes. Lexus is very good at customer service (fresh Krispy Kremes and hot coffee).
The work order said, and I quote, "Perform the 30 day service which includes checking all fluid levels, inspecting for fluid leaks and setting the air pressure in the tires."
I had them tighten my Parking Brake, too (thanks to postings read here).
But, why did Lexus need to see my car at 1000 miles? They didn't do anything I haven't been doing - and other than washing the car (which I had asked them to skip because it was drizzling!) and taking up 45 minutes of my time - I don't get it.
Shouldn't the "break-in" oil be changed if you're going to the trouble of bringing the car into the dealer?
Quite honestly, I'd say the 1K service is unnecessary, unless you've got specific problems.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well the 1K service is free, which is already a definite incentive to go in. And 45 min to an hour of your time is worth it to just check on the car. True it may seem unneccesary but its better to be safe than sorry. The first 1K miles of any car can be the most fragile time cuz everything is brand new. Thus, that is why they want to to check if all the parts are running ok...(fluid level, any leaks, etc...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts