Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to spend a grand or less. What are the best mods to do, including free mods, to make my 2001 is faster? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
seriousy, im just gonna say dont spend any cash at all, and start saving money for boost. Your butt dyno isnt going to tell you that you're going faster, its more of the wallet dyno getting empty that makes you feel like your going faster.

But, if you want to stay N/A, be my guest. Mods would be as follows: Intake/Headers/Exhaust/SAFC or E-Manage with TurboEast Black Box/Stroker kit/Strip the interrior to nothing but a seat, steering wheel, and gague pods.

With all of that, you are probably looking close to.. Oh.. 13 grand- 15 grand, minus tuning and installation, to maybe, if you are lucky, hit 275RWHP.. Where as boost is more of..

5 - 7 grand for a kit, add extra $2000 approx for things that arent included in the kit, 1000 - 2000 for install + tuning, and hit numbers from 300RWHP to 425RWHP.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Ape said:
I am looking to spend a grand or less. What are the best mods to do, including free mods, to make my 2001 is faster? Thanks!
Ok before this becomes a flame fest....

-headers + O2 sims $350 shipped from toyomoto
-Sell off Y-pipe -$100
-Joe Z intake and filter $150
-Emanage ultimate with LC1 wideband $800 (all harnesses included)

Quiet (sort of) car with great possibiliies....Priceless.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^^ WHY won't anyone do this so that we can show it's worth it.....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good good, oh you forgot a exhaust catback type, Either HKS TI limited or Ltuned.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
IceCold4x4 said:
Good good, oh you forgot a exhaust catback type, Either HKS TI limited or Ltuned.
Actually I did not, but will be outside his budget ;) The most important first mods should be this and then add to it and tune as you go.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good point ^

·
Registered
791 Posts
Go shop in the Member Sale/Trade forum you can find good deals there. Here's my suggestion:

Used SRT intake ~300 -> +10rwhp
Race pipe (Y-pipe) ~100 -> +5rwhp
HKS exhaust ~300 -> +5rwhp
Tek grounding kit ~70 (this will help your e-shift)
Sways ~200 (you will need better handling)
Remove CDD ~ 10

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
buister said:
Go shop in the Member Sale/Trade forum you can find good deals there. Here's my suggestion:

Used SRT intake ~300 -> +10rwhp
Race pipe (Y-pipe) ~100 -> +5rwhp
HKS exhaust ~300 -> +5rwhp
Tek grounding kit ~70 (this will help your e-shift)
Sways ~200 (you will need better handling)
Remove CDD ~ 10
for his level of mods (none I assume), a y-pipe will be wasted on his car. the grounding kit is useless (perceived to help, but does it???), CDD does not apply (u posted kit on e-shift and then post about cdd?).

·
Registered
791 Posts
kponti said:
for his level of mods (none I assume), a y-pipe will be wasted on his car. the grounding kit is useless (perceived to help, but does it???), CDD does not apply (u posted kit on e-shift and then post about cdd?).
I would think with the SRT intake he would need a free-er exhaust system. THis means that he needs to remove some of the cats. Header will make the total over $1000 limit, so I suggested the race pipe. It sure made a difference to my car in power response.

CDD was a bonehead in my part. Ppl with e-shift think that the grounding kit does help. I wouldn't know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts