Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just stopped in at the 76 station at the 5 fwy and LA PAZ to get some gas , and to my surprise they have 100 octane race gas. so i filled up and wow what a change. although i must warn you- it will cost you $5 a gallon :cry: !which came to $54 to fill up :eek: -YIKES

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
u doing the GS430 swap :eek: :eek: :eek: ?? who/which shop is doing the swap for u?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buddy next door is providing the engine and SPracing will be doing the work. my buddy is gonna do a 2jzgte turbo swap in his GS and is gonna give me his engine.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
SPracing? its SP Engineering right? or is it the different one? cuz i never heard about SPracing...but shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit 2jz and 430 swap!! :eek:

bloodlust said:
my buddy next door is providing the engine and SPracing will be doing the work. my buddy is gonna do a 2jzgte turbo swap in his GS and is gonna give me his engine.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
haha thats kewl, have u guys got a quote on the swaps? i have for the 2jz..if u have an idea...can u PM me how much..just want to check the prices... 8)

bloodlust said:
yeah your right (engineering)i get mixed up with who's "racing"and who's "enginerring".

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
mission viejo eh?... let's meet up sometimes... say area51? it's in Tuttle Click Irvine auto center... should b very close to u... 8)

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
how about let's meet at SP engineering? since i am there about once a week... 8)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I did not think the race gas would make much difference unless you were running a HIGH compression motor or F.I. how much did you notice in power change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
fairuza11 said:
I did not think the race gas would make much difference unless you were running a HIGH compression motor or F.I. how much did you notice in power change?

This is true. Unless you have some decent mods on your car, 100 octane won't mean much to you. You'll just have less money in your pocket.

·
Registered
377 Posts
well now i know not to spend 50 bucks on a tank, not that i would. shit, if it was coo to put regular i'd jus do that, but i gotta treat my car good. gas is a bitch though. good thing i dont have my car with me at school, or else i'd be out of mod money. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
hmm...100octane good for f/i eh???...maybe i should try it out... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
IS300eR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing