Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Trend has tested a $100,000 BMW M3! They said they loved it. I think its trash! Who is stupid enough to buy a 100k 333 hp. car. Look what you can buy 2 Corvette ZO6's.
3 IS 300s. You get the point right. That just shows how dumb BMW is. There that dumb they will release a junk $100,000+ car. Anyway may Dad yelled about it because he has a IS300 Black on Black one too. We really like it. Lexus needs too do somethin with the tiptronic shift though its a good idea but its not that good when your turning the wheel this way and that. Me and my dad would rather see a clutch and 5 speed.

Nitro Boy

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Umm...ok. Last I checked, the new M3 is going between $45 & 50k, which is a pretty good deal for the level of performance. Hell, the M5 is only $70k; you need to do a little homework it seems. Oh yeah, it's called E-shift in the IS, not tip & I don't even own one.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Actually the issue did say $100,000...that obviously is a typo...but hey, with spots selling for 17,000 you never know!

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
$100,000 M3?? There isn't such thing, unless you go all out...and I mean ALL out on the most expensive aftermarket products. The new M3 only costs $40-$50k. Not 100. And IMHO, I actually would take a $100,000 M3 (if they had one) over a Corvette.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
bulllllllllshhhhhhhiiiiiiitttttt

no way, sorry, not 100k, you could buy an m5 with that money. do your reserach before you open your mouth

Originally posted by Nitro Boy:
Motor Trend has tested a $100,000 BMW M3! They said they loved it. I think its trash! Who is stupid enough to buy a 100k 333 hp. car. Look what you can buy 2 Corvette ZO6's.
3 IS 300s. You get the point right. That just shows how dumb BMW is. There that dumb they will release a junk $100,000+ car. Anyway may Dad yelled about it because he has a IS300 Black on Black one too. We really like it. Lexus needs too do somethin with the tiptronic shift though its a good idea but its not that good when your turning the wheel this way and that. Me and my dad would rather see a clutch and 5 speed.

Nitro Boy

·
Registered
209 Posts
ckolsen is right. Its not a typo. That car they tested was not a production car. It was pretty much assembled by hand which reflects its enormous price tag. I remember a while back when I saw a $85,000 IS300 being tested. Although these preproduction cars are rare, they do get tested by car mags once in a while...

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
That may be true, but he meant that they were selling a $100k M3 to the public. That just isn't true...regardless of whether it's a mule or not.

·
Registered
571 Posts
who knows, after the premium they on the car, it may reach 100k.

that car is freakin' awesome...........thinkin' about selling the house and moving to a smaller one so I can afford that car.........who knows

·
8,107 Posts
While it looks like it'll be a great car, make sure you're ready to duck when those drive shafts start flying. I hear the car's been delayed til March at the earliest cause of that minor issue. We had the same problem when I worked on the PNGV Future Car project - we went through several drive shafts til we eventually ran out.

Originally posted by vvtipwr:

that car is freakin' awesome...........thinkin' about selling the house and moving to a smaller one so I can afford that car.........who knows

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys are too much. Nitro Boy is right.
Price as tested 100k. He did not say they were selling them for that much. Before you guys jump all over this guy and tell him to do his homework perhaps YOU should kick down the buck and a quarter go buy the freakin magazine and do your own homework.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by tuleman:
You guys are too much. Nitro Boy is right.
Price as tested 100k. He did not say they were selling them for that much. Before you guys jump all over this guy and tell him to do his homework perhaps YOU should kick down the buck and a quarter go buy the freakin magazine and do your own homework.
Umm...ok. I've had a subscription to MT for years. And yes, read his post, 4th sentence and later, he suggests they're selling/releasing them for $100k. If it's a concept car that's one thing, but to suggest the new M3 is going to market with that price is crazy.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited December 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
why get an m3 than, if you can get an m5 for 89k=]

Originally posted by vvtipwr:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by MikeLS:
Umm...ok. I've had a subscription to MT for years. And yes, read his post, 4th sentence and later, he suggests they're selling/releasing them for $100k. If it's a concept car that's one thing, but to suggest the new M3 is going to market with that price is crazy.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited December 07, 2000).]
Let's think for just a minute. Do you really thing anyone would pay 100k for an M3. When I read the article (oh and I could care less how long you have been subscribing) I thought great car... might have to look into getting one of these. Looked at the price tags MT listed. Once I saw the price as tested I thought of about 12 cars I would rather own for the price.
My whole point was the people calling Nitro a liar, when he is not. Every one spouting off at the mouth w/o ever seeing the issue.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by tuleman:
Let's think for just a minute. Do you really thing anyone would pay 100k for an M3. When I read the article (oh and I could care less how long you have been subscribing) I thought great car... might have to look into getting one of these. Looked at the price tags MT listed. Once I saw the price as tested I thought of about 12 cars I would rather own for the price.
My whole point was the people calling Nitro a liar, when he is not. Every one spouting off at the mouth w/o ever seeing the issue.

Hell no I wouldn't expect anyone to pay 100k for an M3. No one ever called him a liar either, he's misrepresenting facts and it needs to be pointed out. The mag issue isn't the point, so I don't really have to see it to know better. You shouldn't spout off w/o reading posts first. Oh, and for the record, I don't care how many other cars you'd rather own for the price. That's irrelevant...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
S38
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing