596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run under 10's?

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
fyeung04msm said:
no body I know of , every1 I know runs 12s n up
A few PFS and SRT cars have run 11 flat, nothing quicker has been recorded unfortunatly.

There are cars that can do it, cars lacking a good enough driver is the problem.

Kane

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
10's = me

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Oo Joe 24 oO said:
im suprised no is300s are in the 10s....some guys are making 6-700whp and still cant go 10s??? whats up?
its just not easy as it sounds, thats whats up...

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
its the same wit Supra guys i know guys down here in Miami with 900hp+ and theyre still having trouble dipping in the single digits

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Oo Joe 24 oO said:
im suprised no is300s are in the 10s....some guys are making 6-700whp and still cant go 10s??? whats up?
so are dodge vipers and other cars with that hp range and still can't hit them as well...

well actually, i think i can hit 10's now since i just dropped in a new K&N filter.

·
Registered
360 Posts
trekster probably could of hit high 10's with a set of slicks... :( But I guess we'll never know... COME BACK TREK!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
PureNick said:
trekster probably could of hit high 10's with a set of slicks... :( But I guess we'll never know... COME BACK TREK!
I doubt it.....maybe mid to low 11's at best....plus he sold the car...:p

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
I doubt it.....maybe mid to low 11's at best....plus he sold the car...:p
i remember watching his latest vid where it shows his time on the 1/4 mile.

i think he got close to 10's if i can remember correctly...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Oo Joe 24 oO said:
Lexus didn't build a race car, it's not even a SPORTS car. The car is just not designed well enough to handle that kind of hp to traction ratio. Not to say it won't be done. I'm betting someone will hit the low 10's maybe faster, but there's not gonna be much of the original IS left once they're finished ;)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Oh as a side note, did you guys check out the new edition of Super Street Mag? 1400fwhp Scion TC. It runs in the 6's. There's not much of that Scion left either.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
Lexus didn't build a race car, it's not even a SPORTS car. The car is just not designed well enough to handle that kind of hp to traction ratio. Not to say it won't be done. I'm betting someone will hit the low 10's maybe faster, but there's not gonna be much of the original IS left once they're finished ;)
how is it not even a sportscar?

handling, powerful engine(when souped up), aerodynamic, etc.

whats a sports car to you?

ferrari's?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts