Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as some of you know I recently swapped rims with the help from Squareback and sold my stockers off.

I pulled the old stockers off and sent them off to another member for his project and just found out that I sent 3 17x7.0 rims and 1 17x7.5! The PO had apperently curbed the one rear badly, put it in the spare position and replaced the spare tire with a 225. My spare is curbed badly enough that it doesn't hold air even! Here I have been driving around with no spare tire!!!

The seller has very graciously declined my offer for a refund but I want to make sure he gets what he paid for.

Does anyone have or know of someone who has a spare 17x7.5 wheel in good shape? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I think I saw a set for sale in the for sale section not too long ago.

·
V8 Sportcross
603 Posts
I have one I've been keeping around as a spare. It has a little rash on the lip, but nothing that wouldn't polish out. It's worth $125.00 to me. I paid $125 + shipping each for the last pair I bought.

Not to mention, I'm local. :) I might consider trades if you had anything that I could use. What that is, I have no clue.

*edit* Tell ya what, I'd give you this wheel and $150 bux for your rear tonneau cover. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks for the quick replys. the guy that actually needs it is WayneCar who bought my stock rims. I'll point him in the direction of this thread and hopefully get him squared away with another rim!

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey guys thanks for the quick replys. the guy that actually needs it is WayneCar who bought my stock rims. I'll point him in the direction of this thread and hopefully get him squared away with another rim!
Thanks Joe! I sent a PM to Brad

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slight update.... got a flat today on the way to work. spare tires only work if they hold air, my spare ended up being beyond repair according to the shop I took it to. <sigh>

Glad we found a solution man! now i just need to find me a spare tire...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Joe,
Here is a pic of the car with the drag radials.
Thanks again,
Wayne

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice man! can't wait to see it lay out some numbers. im glad you got it all worked out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have never seen an IS in that color.. is that gold stock? :suspiciou

I am also looking for a rear wheel rim - if anyone has an addtional

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have never seen an IS in that color.. is that gold stock? :suspiciou

I am also looking for a rear wheel rim - if anyone has an addtional
Yes, its the original CGM paint. Cibola Gold Metalic.
Thanks
Wayne

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks - yes they're oem. Car is an '04 and the wheels were listed on the sticker as an option as "graphite polished alloys" for an additional $400 :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts