Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm turning on 8th street and I see two IS300's flying :eek: by and I give chase, they were already going too fast for me to close the gap. There was a silver one and a dark colored one (couldnt tell if it was the dark blue or if it was black).

We catch a light and they line up next to each other and I'm behind the dark one. Patiently waiting to see if they were going to run again. So the light turns green and they get me out the hole (damn RWD, and my bald michelins), I throw 2nd and I'm passing the silver IS300 like as if it was standing still, then I throw 3rd, and rape the faster darker IS. They were modded with atleast exhaust, thats all I could see.

They were nice cars, should have followed me to talk, but I guess they were too embarrassed a lowly VW beat them bad :lol:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Right... :-?

So what your telling us is that you beat a stock Is3 and an Is3 with only exhaust, in a jacked up VW.
Wow, you must have one hell of a car to be a stock is3. :roll:

Go race an is3 with as many mods as you have and then tell us how it went.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is300tx said:
Right... :-?

So what your telling us is that you beat a stock Is3 and an Is3 with only exhaust, in a jacked up VW.
Wow, you must have one hell of a car to be a stock is3. :roll:

Go race an is3 with as many mods as you have and then tell us how it went.
They were both lowered with exhaust, thats what I could see at least. Dude stop being condescending, I was just posting what happened, I wasnt hating on the IS300's they were really nice looking cars.

IS-300-Rulez, yea and I ran into a turboed IS300......that guy spanked me so hard he left me dizzy :). If youre in Coral Springs I doubt we'll run into each other but who knows :D

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
you are stock, and the is you race with was with exhaust, and u beat em?

thats not possible...

i have to say gti are hella fast for its class, but my friend has the 01 i.8t, and although he told me that it was chipped, i raped him still

oh yah, i am stock for now :chill:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Benign said:

thats not possible...

i have to say gti are hella fast for its class, but my friend has the 01 i.8t, and although he told me that it was chipped, i raped him still

Nah I'm not stock.

Chip/Drop In/Diverter Valve/Downpipe.

However, I raced an IS300 when I was bone stock, not even broken in and still beat him, Granted it was an auto.

·
3,221 Posts
Liquid1.8T said:
Nah I'm not stock.

However, I raced an IS300 when I was bone stock, not even broken in and still beat him, Granted it was an auto.
Which chip and what size downpipe are you running? Which 1.8T do you have? AWW or AWD?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
dude, i don't see you beating one stock for stock, your car runs 15's from the factory, correct?

-gte

Liquid1.8T said:
Benign said:

thats not possible...

Nah I'm not stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IS300GTE said:
dude, i don't see you beating one stock for stock, your car runs 15's from the factory, correct?
Dude, I used to beat them in my stock 98 GTi VR6, (before the manual's were out)

Im sure I can find a stock 180hp to race an IS300 to show you guys the results.

·
Registered
467 Posts
r u truely racing a 1/4mile?

Liquid1.8T said:
IS300GTE said:
Dude, I used to beat them in my stock 98 GTi VR6, (before the manual's were out)

Im sure I can find a stock 180hp to race an IS300 to show you guys the results.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Why are Audi/VW guys so quick to jump on our site to post their kills? Do we have alot of IS trollers on those sites that makes you guys come over here?

Oh well, from my experience I've seen some 1.8T's run pretty well. I have never raced one (b/c each time I had 3 other peeps in the car which weighs down our heavy ass car even more), but I have seen some run that were definitely modified. So props to the 4 bangers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Liquid1.8T said:
Benign said:

thats not possible...

Nah I'm not stock.

Damn...no wonder you beat the ISs. Couple of my friends have GTIs and there damn quick off the line. But I doubt a GTI w/o chip can hang with an IS on the high end.... Benign, a stock IS is not gonna take a chipped GTI. If you said you did then whoever you raced is an complete idiot.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
well alot of it goes on driver... I have seen good and bad drivers in diff cars that should have won races lose to better driver and ppl who know thier cars... ya know

·
3,221 Posts
ibp19v3 said:
Damn...no wonder you beat the ISs. Couple of my friends have GTIs and there damn quick off the line. But I doubt a GTI w/o chip can hang with an IS on the high end.... Benign, a stock IS is not gonna take a chipped GTI. If you said you did then whoever you raced is an complete idiot.
The Upsolute chip is very conservative. They don't run quite as much boost as the GIAC chip. What helps him even more is running the 3" downpipe.

rllis300 said:
Why are Audi/VW guys so quick to jump on our site to post their kills? Do we have alot of IS trollers on those sites that makes you guys come over here?
Why do you have to get upset that they do come over here to post a kill story? This is why this particular forum was created. It does say IS300 vs the World.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Simpdaddy - I NEVER implied I was upset. Just wondering why we are getting so many lately....

Besides, I gave them props in my post anyway. :roll:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Liquid1.8T said:
So I'm turning on 8th street and I see two IS300's flying :eek: by and I give chase, they were already going too fast for me to close the gap. There was a silver one and a dark colored one (couldnt tell if it was the dark blue or if it was black).

We catch a light and they line up next to each other and I'm behind the dark one. Patiently waiting to see if they were going to run again. So the light turns green and they get me out the hole (damn RWD, and my bald michelins), I throw 2nd and I'm passing the silver IS300 like as if it was standing still, then I throw 3rd, and rape the faster darker IS. They were modded with atleast exhaust, thats all I could see.

They were nice cars, should have followed me to talk, but I guess they were too embarrassed a lowly VW beat them bad :lol:
What color is your car?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
31 Participants
2002QuattrO
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing