Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
good driving and practice i guess

rllis300 said:
IS300GTE said:
i could have pushed the car to a 14.8 at least at a better track, i think. the track i was at, was an uphill hillbilly track

-gte

RIS300 said:
damn i ran 15.4 @90mph stock...14.9 must have been a PERFECT run.
14.8 - what's the secret? (I think I have asked you this like a year ago but I can't remember)

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
IS300GTE said:
good driving and practice i guess

rllis300 said:
IS300GTE said:
i could have pushed the car to a 14.8 at least at a better track, i think. the track i was at, was an uphill hillbilly track

-gte

RIS300 said:
damn i ran 15.4 @90mph stock...14.9 must have been a PERFECT run.
14.8 - what's the secret? (I think I have asked you this like a year ago but I can't remember)
or fart gas

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I ran 15.1 in the 1/4 mile a few weeks ago...with 1/2 tank of gas and the spare.

MOD's = Exhaust (+) and wider tires (-)

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
eh, i know someone who ran a 51.2 stock 5spd with spare.

·
Registered
932 Posts
ITP said:
i will try and get my buddies times up from this weekend...

he ran an 1/8 mile at 9.5 or 9.6...he has intake and exhaust.....and maybe something else....dont know..ill check and see....
9.5 in the 1/8 is like 14.7 in the quarter. Thats pretty fast.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
the only time i ever ran my car it ran 15.2 @ 91mph

it wasnt bad, for only intake and exhaust...im hoping for 14.8 after header and AFC.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i ran 12.75

i ran 12.75 :chill: but that was on my Z06 :D i never take my IS to the track probably will take it after i decide if i want to supercharge it to rubo it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey GTE. I ran a 15.09 but think I could have done better. I had not been at the track in about 2 months then went back last night and had 3 perfect runs. I couldn't break a 15.3. My car seems slower. Did you have that problem? The car has 15,000 miles so it's still fairly new. Oh when I say perfect runs I mean perfect launching (.532, .546, .575). Hit all of my shifts just right, the car just seemed incapable. Plus, I got beat by a new Maxima. Ouch...That hurt. I had him the whole race until the very very end.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
S38 FLY said:
Hey GTE. I ran a 15.09 but think I could have done better. I had not been at the track in about 2 months then went back last night and had 3 perfect runs. I couldn't break a 15.3. My car seems slower. Did you have that problem? The car has 15,000 miles so it's still fairly new. Oh when I say perfect runs I mean perfect launching (.532, .546, .575). Hit all of my shifts just right, the car just seemed incapable. Plus, I got beat by a new Maxima. Ouch...That hurt. I had him the whole race until the very very end.
Your reaction time does not matter when your racing for your E.T. times. You can stand there for 30 minutes and still run a 15 flat. Time doesn't start untill you start moving.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Right but What I'm saying is I had A perfect run basicaly and that damn maxima passed the finish line first. I had him the whole way till the very end. But the question Is aimed at IS300 GTE. I am just asking if his car was always capable of 14.9 or did you find it slowing down with age?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts