Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning guys, long time reader, first time poster...Here are some pics of my car. I just got a new camera Sony DSC-H10, and I am a noob at taking pics. Give me some advice on taking great shots if you can :p I'll start going to local meets as the season starts. I am going to add pics as I take them, let me know what you think.

*Edit* Sorry the images are so damn big, I don't have photoshop on my work computer and I am using a new program that I cannot optimize images with :(
*Edit 4-9-09 added more pics*

*EDIT 11-2-09 Added pics of me at Englishtown Road Course*

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
if you have wood interior then i don't suggest the F-Sport Shift Knob and you don't need to go to a tint shop for the redouts... do them yourself... takes about 5 minutes and even a 2 yr old can do it ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
VERY NIIICE BRO!!! Haha i thought i was looking at my car because I got the X-Package with the same rims and front lip (Except its an 09). Always makes me smile when I see a clean IS. ;) Are you planning on tinting your windows?

The first pic you took looks niiice, but IMO, try crouching and taking a shot like how I did with mine....

[/IMG]

-Ian S.

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
if you have wood interior then i don't suggest the F-Sport Shift Knob and you don't need to go to a tint shop for the redouts... do them yourself... takes about 5 minutes and even a 2 yr old can do it ;)
Yeah bro I have the black/beige/wood trim interior. I uploaded more pics.

·
Registered
575 Posts
always turn ur wheels to the angle that u will see mag and not tire, and crouch down so it doesnt look like ur looking down on the car, very nice car im so mad at myself for not getting those wheels theyre sexyy

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
always turn ur wheels to the angle that u will see mag and not tire, and crouch down so it doesnt look like ur looking down on the car, very nice car im so mad at myself for not getting those wheels theyre sexyy
You cant get this package with the AWD because of the staggered wheel size :( Yeah dude I am trying to learn how to take pics, I am a noob!

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
it almost looks like you have a trim over your fenders? i say a clean drop and some painted calipers should be next :approve:
Yeah, I threw on a trim to protect fenders because some jackass slammed their door into that exact area. I kept getting chips around there, so when I went to body shop I had them throw those on. It is very stealth in person, I am not sure if I am going to leave it on though.

I am thinking about painting calipers, but I am a noob heh. I might have to try it in the summer. As for a drop, X-Package allegedly came with a better suspension? I might have to pick up the F-Sport springs/Shocks.

Are you planning on tinting your windows?
They already are tinted heh, 35% all around from the dealer. Tints are all the way to the tip of the glass. I should have gone a little darker since I have a beige interior. I don't like tint that is too dark.

shits weak.
<3 you too Tom :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
You cant get this package with the AWD because of the staggered wheel size :( Yeah dude I am trying to learn how to take pics, I am a noob!
thats weird because my salesmen offered them to me for $1000 CDN more as they were already on the car when i test drove it, but i was already over my budget so i didnt take them they put the base 11 spoke 17s on... ??
btw theres some pics of mine in the canadian section ill be putting new ones soon tho if u wanna throw some comments lol

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats weird because my salesmen offered them to me for $1000 CDN more as they were already on the car when i test drove it, but i was already over my budget so i didnt take them they put the base 11 spoke 17s on... ??
btw theres some pics of mine in the canadian section ill be putting new ones soon tho if u wanna throw some comments lol
OooO I have no idea what kind of wheels they throw on then heh. Maybe they leave 225's all around with X-Package style wheels? I gotta check your thread lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks hot, I was going to get those rims also but the sales person told me they don't come with all season tires. I get a nice mix of shit weather where I am so I didn't do it.

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Looks hot, I was going to get those rims also but the sales person told me they don't come with all season tires. I get a nice mix of shit weather where I am so I didn't do it.
I live in NY also, I didn't realize they were summer tires until after I bought them. I ended up buying a set of winter rims and I have 0 worries in the winter now :D

btw check your sig for typo on "back on black"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts