Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus bought my IS350 a couple weeks ago I have lots of plans for it but I wanted to see what it could do stock against a 11 sec car. My buddy has an 03 Cobra pretty moded out and was more than willing to add another kill to his list, and hes a pretty good driver too.I wanted to go frm a dig but the only race I could get was a 20-100. I told him not to take it easy, go all out. We took off I was in 2nd I shifted at every redline he jus pulled frm start to finish but only beat me by 5 car lengths.. We were both suprised how quick the Lexus was. A 75shot and some mods I might be on his rear bumper next time.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Jus bought my IS350 a couple weeks ago I have lots of plans for it but I wanted to see what it could do stock against a 11 sec car. My buddy has an 03 Cobra pretty moded out and was more than willing to add another kill to his list, and hes a pretty good driver too.I wanted to go frm a dig but the only race I could get was a 20-100. I told him not to take it easy, go all out. We took off I was in 2nd I shifted at every redline he jus pulled frm start to finish but only beat me by 5 car lengths.. We were both suprised how quick the Lexus was. A 75shot and some mods I might be on his rear bumper next time.
Red and blue sentence make no sense to me lol, a 5 car length defeat is complete rape! Even a 75 shot wont do much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well considering Im stock and I raced a moded supercharged Cobra I think I did great. U dnt think all the hp upgrades we have and a 75 shot wnt put me 3-4 car lengths?

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
apples and oranges should of got ISF :)......do your research on the set up ....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if I woulda known about Lexus then I woulda bought a IS-F. But Im very happy with the IS350. This car is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah if I woulda known about Lexus then I woulda bought a IS-F. But Im very happy with the IS350. This car is a blast to drive.
From 20 you should have started from 1st gear. 1st gear is good from 0-36 mph. Starting with second gear will put you at a great disadvantage. And for rolling races the IS350 driver really needs to know what he/she is doing.

Put it in to S mode. Set the top limiting gear to 1.
As soon as you floor it slide the shifter on your center console over to D.
VSC / Traction Control should have been off, and Power Setting to Normal, not ECT.
You should have had a quarter or 1/8 tank of gas.
Air filter replaced with OEM part.

You would have saved anywhere from 2 to 4 car lengths and you would have scared the Cobra driver. He would be shocked and said how the hell is this possible. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts