Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
Hope you guys are having a great day.

I have been searching for cold air intakes for quite a few days in forum as well as other websites but can't really find information on the INJEN Cold air intake like pictures with the IS or reviews.
I am aware that there aren't really true cold air intakes and the stock intake provides enough air to the engine already.

However, I still like to get an intake even if it all I get from it is a placebo effect.
I am thinking about either the INJEN CAI or the F Sport CAI. Which one would you guys recommend? To me, the Injen looks more like a cold air intake.
My vehicle is 2007 IS350 and I live in CANADA.

Here is the link for the Injen CAI from EBAY
COLD AIR INTAKE KIT Lexus IS350 06 07 08 : eBay Motors (item 300364316455 end time Mar-05-10 16:03:43 PST)

I appreciate your time reading my post!
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Hello everyone,
Hope you guys are having a great day.

I have been searching for cold air intakes for quite a few days in forum as well as other websites but can't really find information on the INJEN Cold air intake like pictures with the IS or reviews.
I am aware that there aren't really true cold air intakes and the stock intake provides enough air to the engine already.

However, I still like to get an intake even if it all I get from it is a placebo effect.
I am thinking about either the INJEN CAI or the F Sport CAI. Which one would you guys recommend? To me, the Injen looks more like a cold air intake.
My vehicle is 2007 IS350 and I live in CANADA.

Here is the link for the Injen CAI from EBAY
COLD AIR INTAKE KIT Lexus IS350 06 07 08 : eBay Motors (item 300364316455 end time Mar-05-10 16:03:43 PST)

I appreciate your time reading my post!
Thanks.

That's not a cold air intake.

You can't do a CAI on this car without cutting holes in the car.

Look up on Injens own website and their only IS350 intake is described as a short ram, because that's what it is.

Also not a fan of their "MR technology" which is just lying to the ECU about the incoming air... same BS the cheap Ebay "chip" products try and pull.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish, so it's hard to answer your question beyond that.

if you want the most performance for the least price get the Joe Z intake, it's half the cost of that ebay one you link to and any hp gains will be the same or better.

If you want some noise you can cut holes in the lower stock airbox like the F-sport has, for free.

if you want a LOT of noise then just get a short ram and accept the fact you'll be sucking hotter air most of the time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
JoeZ with a drop in filter and call it done. It's the cheapest route & you'll get 5-6rwhp. The rest of this crap you see is hype. Don't waste your money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to apologize for my apparently rude behaviour earlier. I tried to let you guys know what I had learned while developing an intake system and some folks considered it an advertisement for a product that doesnt exist and doesnt even have a price tag let alone a parts list.

I tell you what, some folks are somethin else, but I digress.

If you get an open air element (cone style) you MPG is surely to increase because of the hot air being sucked in. Cold air produces power at WOT, hot air increases MPG at partial throttle.

Use that as you wish, heaven forbid I mention what I'm working on again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.