Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
based on some reviews ive read, youtube vids, etc, i've narrowed down my options to a borla off-road full cat, an hks hi power, or a tanabe MT. i noticed the huge price difference with the borla (duh, its borla).

so aside from being curious on the power-gains from each (and at which rpm range), what are the pros/cons of each exhaus?. my heart was pretty set on the hks, but after i saw the borla on a 350...

factors i'm looking at are the sound quality/levels, possible mpg improvement, aesthetics, and possibly some power gains (taking into consideration that they are in fact bolt-ons).

thanks for any info possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
all depends on you really... I can only give you what I think of tanabe MT... it's great for my driving style. Quiet yet gives a great growl and looks good and nice. Lots of 2nd gen people run this exhaust... one of their favs.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well to be honest, it doesn't seem like you have narrowed it down much at all.
The HKS is one of the loud setups out there, Borla is loud too but I read a few years back that there was some fitment issues. The Tanabe is considered the least loud and reasonably priced.

Hope that helps. There is a list put together by a member showing all or most of the mod' options. It's on this site somewhere.

Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well to be honest, it doesn't seem like you have narrowed it down much at all.
The HKS is one of the loud setups out there, Borla is loud too but I read a few years back that there was some fitment issues. The Tanabe is considered the least loud and reasonably priced.

Hope that helps. There is a list put together by a member showing all or most of the mod' options. It's on this site somewhere.

Oh, and welcome!
haha yea. prolly gonna get the HKS for the sound. i mean, its a 250, so a borla might not be the most practical bolt-on. thanks verymuch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.