Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with my 06 IS350 passenger side headlight hid. I noticed the other night that it was out. Then yesterday I was driving to a location very close by and pulled up behind a truck, I noticed in the reflection it was also out so I turned it off and turn it back on and it came on again. Then when I left my location on the way home I saw a car flash its lights at me, when I arrived home it was out again. But turning them off and turning them back on fixed it.

I don't feel like its a ballast overheating issue because it was not on for a substantial amount of time.

I have heard some people say they just replaced the bulb and it fixed the problem (im hoping this isn't something worse).

Any ideas or similar experiences? I've done a bit of research but I'm still unsure.

My car is an 06 IS350 with 59,000 Miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Having an issue with my 06 IS350 passenger side headlight hid. I noticed the other night that it was out. Then yesterday I was driving to a location very close by and pulled up behind a truck, I noticed in the reflection it was also out so I turned it off and turn it back on and it came on again. Then when I left my location on the way home I saw a car flash its lights at me, when I arrived home it was out again. But turning them off and turning them back on fixed it.

I don't feel like its a ballast overheating issue because it was not on for a substantial amount of time.

I have heard some people say they just replaced the bulb and it fixed the problem (im hoping this isn't something worse).

Any ideas or similar experiences? I've done a bit of research but I'm still unsure.

My car is an 06 IS350 with 59,000 Miles.

Thanks
It's usually balast when it turns on then goes out repeatedly... but you can always swap bulbs side to side and see if the problem follows the bulb or stays where it is to rule out the bulb as the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts