Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have HKS Hiper exhuast system, short sifter, HID low beam and HID fog lights and used to have K&N intake system. I no longer have intake system as it kept creating issues with my master air flow sensor which had to be replaced a lot of times. They explained to me because it's bringing it more dirtier air then the stock intake. Would a chip solve this problem by re-calculating ? What other basic bolt ons could I add to increase HP? Also, I need new front brake pads and rotors. I don't need anything high end but don't want to spend $850+ at the desalership ( includes parts and labor ) but I also do'nt want to go to midas and have them work on my car. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I have HKS Hiper exhuast system, short sifter, HID low beam and HID fog lights and used to have K&N intake system. I no longer have intake system as it kept creating issues with my master air flow sensor which had to be replaced a lot of times. They explained to me because it's bringing it more dirtier air then the stock intake. Would a chip solve this problem by re-calculating ? What other basic bolt ons could I add to increase HP? Also, I need new front brake pads and rotors. I don't need anything high end but don't want to spend $850+ at the desalership ( includes parts and labor ) but I also do'nt want to go to midas and have them work on my car. PLEASE HELP!
There are no (actually functional) chips for the 2IS.

If you want to add hp you bought the wrong car.

By far the best bang/buck would be to trade in for a 350. Every +hp mod for the 250 combined is around $2000 (axle-back, intake, headers) and adds about 30 hp. For $4000 you get a 350 instead of a 250 and that's 102 more hp.

You already have an axle-back exhaust.

You can get a Joe Z intake for 5 hp, and it won't impact your MAF at all, that's about 5 hp.

You can try and find somebody selling a used set of Mazzuri headers, or contact PPE about IS250 headers, that'll run you around $1000-ish installed and give ya 15-20 hp.

That's it.

Want more than that, get a 350.

Rearding pads and rotors, it should be around $65 for the TSIB low-dust pads from Sewell or Irontoad... then hit rock auto and get a set of centric solid premium rotors, that'll be around $100

Labor at any local brake place shouldn't be more than $150ish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.