Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the interior picture in the 06 IS teaser brochure features a center console which is VERY silver in color. This color is quite an improvement over the stone colored console in all the other interior pictures I've seen. Has anyone who's seen the IS in person, found one with a silver center console? Note that the picture has the wood trim NOT the aluminum trim, and is a black leather interior.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
AppStar said:
I noticed the interior picture in the 06 IS teaser brochure features a center console which is VERY silver in color. This color is quite an improvement over the stone colored console in all the other interior pictures I've seen. Has anyone who's seen the IS in person, found one with a silver center console? Note that the picture has the wood trim NOT the aluminum trim, and is a black leather interior.
It's just regular silver trim. Just looks a different shade due to the artifical lighting for the camera. Wood trim is only available with certain packages. All base IS250/350 and Performance Luxury Plus packages will have silver trim as a default.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
The side parts of the center console that slant up to the radio stack are silver in all versions of the interior.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm not talking about the side parts that slide up... i'm talking about the center console itself. The radio, buttons next to the screen, start button, ext. Oh well not a big deal, if I get a chance i'll scan the pic and post it. I like the interior either way anyhow.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
AppStar said:
I'm not talking about the side parts that slide up... i'm talking about the center console itself. The radio, buttons next to the screen, start button, ext. Oh well not a big deal, if I get a chance i'll scan the pic and post it. I like the interior either way anyhow.
Yes i know what you're talking about...this is it:

It's a shiny gray silver colored plastic:

The rest of the gallery here: http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3374

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Sorry. I'm pretty sure it was the same color in every car. I've got picture of the center console without the wood trim, for those interested.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flipside909 said:
Yes i know what you're talking about...this is it:

It's a shiny gray silver colored plastic:
Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about. In those photos and others I've seen, it seems to be more of a shiny stone color than metallic silver. In the teaser brochure picture that material looks almost aluminum. And of course not seeing it in person yet I was just curious. The only other difference I noticed between those pictures and the brochure picture is that the Mark Levingston logo is on the opposite side. That could mean it was a picture taken before the final production material was decided on. I will post the picture here tonight when I get home from work.

Btw Flipside, I saw your pics right after you posted them on clublexus.com, great job on the review too! It's much appreciated.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, here we go...

I got around to scanning the picture from the brochure.

Just a tiny difference, but notice how silver the console is? (Note it was difficult to get the colors to exactly match that of the brochure, so they are a little off). But you can tell the console isn't as tan/brown. The Mark Levingston logo is on the other side, and there is lack of a Lexus logo under the CD slot amongst other little differences. I'm thinking this might have been a color they were playing with and maybe decided not to use it because the white text was too hard to read on the buttons. Or it could be as Flipside stated, it's just a matter of lighting.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I'm going to have to say the differences you are seeing are simply lighting differences in the pictures taken.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what!? silver is standard? :(
on the UK website I'm sure it stated wood is standard... SUCKS ... it seems the cool silver interior is only in the IS250 Sport over here, out in April (IS350 isnt coming to the UK for some stupid reason).

Anyone able to confirm this because I really don't want wood trim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts